Search results

1. BuffDragon

Mac-style weapon shot to failure?

TheColtCollector's 60k round run without cleaning (and ensuing comments) got me to thinking; has anyone ever seen or even heard of a m11, m10, etc having a catastrophic failure to the point where the lower (registered part) was not repairable and had to be junked? Not uppers, barrels...
  2. BuffDragon

Lage Max 11/15 and the internal gas block

just got my max 11/15 last night, went for a quick fitment while ago and notice the bolt wouldnt release (IRM model). looked down the grip and appears the thing that holds the spring into the back of the bolt (that's technical jargon for you) wont release all the way due to my lage internal gas...
  3. BuffDragon

suppressor on a SABRE

does anyone ever run a suppressor on their SABRE? without an adjustable gas block and the somewhat "proprietary" buffer system, I have concerns about suppressing mine and am looking for guidance. seems like I saw a thread once where a gentleman put a heavier buffer in his and slowed the cycle...
  4. BuffDragon

ac556 work

I havent been paying attention for a while, but with Ruger not working on the ac556 anymore, who is/are the go to people for work? bend/break a small part, replace a barrel, that kind of thing. I know parts kits are a good source for back up pieces, etc. but who can actually do the work if its...
  5. BuffDragon

Max 11 vs Max 11 mk2

what are the real world differences between the OG max 11 and the max 11 mk2? I have the very first version with the built in iron sites and love it, but the sleek new lines of the mk2 is pretty attractive too. in case it matters, I have all 3 bolts for mine and a 22 kit "fitted" by lage so...
  6. BuffDragon

QD mount for Max11? (larue no go)

as a followup to my prior thread, I need a little help. I settled on the larue lt660hk mount for my aimpoint t1. I thought the height would be good, etc. however, I quickly found that the mount's QD mechanism would not shut all the way. I figured out why (and confirmed with Mr Lage...thanks...
  7. BuffDragon

those of you running a T1/H1 on a Lage Upper (with irons)....

what mount are you running? I'm strongly considering moving a T1 onto my Lage upper with the iron sights and ditching the eotech. I love my eotech, as I think the circle/dot is fast and etc, but the width is starting to wear on me (physically in some cases). not to mention, I took a good trade...
  8. BuffDragon

Max31 for the lazy consumer (WTS ad)

total package for sale (mine) one stop shopping http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?68854-Max31-package-for-sale
  9. BuffDragon

cac9 or no

I find myself wanting a cac9 then get off the kick, then get back on it, etc. reason being, is that I have a degroat DELTA suppressor I run on my lage uppers (max11 and max31) but even though its 12" long (1.25" diameter) its still pretty gassy. it sounds great and I like it, but I keep...
  10. BuffDragon

Suomi drum quick reload?

so I was loading a drum up last night and got to thinking (as I'm knocking rounds over sideways in the drum, chasing them around trying to fish them out and etc)... these are military drums used in combat. yes, you're carrying 71 rounds on board when loaded, but how were they topped off? or...
  11. BuffDragon

Lage Max31 SD (sorta)

first, let me say that I dont know if these extended handguards are available or not from Lage. I luckily got mine due to some highly unusual circumstances with another member. anyways, this is "my take" on the Lage Max31 SD the suppressor shown is a degroat mk99 mod0. fits almost back all...
  12. BuffDragon

Iron Sights on Max31 (or AMP/SCA)

with the longer sight radius, what iron sights are yall putting on your drummed uppers? flip ups or otherwise? I kinda want to put diopter/HK sights on my max31 when it gets here, but I dunno... what is your experience? ETA: if you have pics, that would be helpful and appreciated
  13. BuffDragon

refinishing suomi drums?

so while I'm on the wait for a max31, I decided to pick up a 10 pack of suomi drums from centerfire. after reading/etc I decided to forgo the "hand picked" since the reports were that most of the drums were great and you couldnt really tell between the "hand picked" and the "other". well, drums...
  14. BuffDragon

got the bug....info please

so I've got the ac556 bug a little bit. I've had minis for years and still have a couple. they're great for what they are and etc. because of the minis, I've got lots of mags and various other bits/pieces, as well as a pretty good working knowledge of the firearm. my concern is this: I know...
  15. BuffDragon

OOB in a Lage 22 kit wrecks mags...

OOB in a Lage 22 kit wrecks mags (a warning) so was shooting the Lage 22 kit this weekend and had an OOB with remington golden bullets. of course, blew the extractor and plunger out, but left the spring. left the brass case (minus the rim) in the chamber. which was a bitch to get out. also...
  16. BuffDragon

"sealing" a max11/22 kit

has anyone tried "sealing" a max11/22 kit? like maybe a nylon o-ring (or maybe a .45 pistol buffer?) or something around the 22 barrel pressed down (somehow) against the 9mm barrel to try and prevent carbon/fouling from going into the 9mm barrel around the sleeve? guess this really applies to...
  17. BuffDragon

Bowers CAC9 for 9mm and 22lr?

I'm considering buying another 9mm can for the max11, for double duty use. I've had a hard time finding good info about taking the bowers cans apart for cleaning and (to a lesser extent) their overall performance. I'm assuming (due to volume mostly) in 9mm the cac9's should perform farily well...
  18. BuffDragon

Bolt storage

I've got a lage upper and all 3 bolts. I've accumulated so much stuff I tote around with me (max11 22lr kit, mags, parts and pieces, etc etc) that throwing it all in a bag is not only messy, but can get hard to sort thru when looking for something. solution was to buy a semi rigid toolbag to...
  19. BuffDragon

open bolt semi's

why do people ask so much for them? "cuz they're so much easier to convert to full auto" is the answer I've always heard, or "they're banned". ok, but is it really that easy to convert? not to mention illegal unless you're building a post sample, which is a waste, since a real/legal one isnt...
  20. BuffDragon

using "the dip" on a suppressor

originally posted this on ar15.com, but have followup questions more specific to this forum. got a 22lr kit for my laged m11. have a stainless YHM 556 phantom too. confirmed with YHM the can was "dip safe", so ran around 750 rounds of 22lr thru it the other day. the level of lead buildup on...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter