Iron Sights on Max31 (or AMP/SCA)

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
with the longer sight radius, what iron sights are yall putting on your drummed uppers?
flip ups or otherwise?
I kinda want to put diopter/HK sights on my max31 when it gets here, but I dunno...
what is your experience?

ETA: if you have pics, that would be helpful and appreciated

Shattered

I just put everyday, run of the mill Yankee Hill Machine AR-15 BUIS on both the AMP-11 and my Max31A (YHM-5040 Yankee Hill Machine Q.D.S. Flip-Up Sight Set, Front and Rear). They are all steel, spring loaded, and every bit as good as the Troy units at double the price. I won't even pick up a package of the plastic sights to look at'em. The set runs $150. Got them from Primary Arms.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
oh, I dont "need" troy sights. I'm not that fancy ;)
I've got midwest industries on my SBR and they work fine. I guess....they never get used. checked for zero and left folded down.

good point though. wonder if the magpuls (for example) would melt under heavy fire. since this is a FA weapon, that's a consideration...

there's a site selling the HK sights for like $130 for both, which is reasonable. however, not sure I want them up all the time.

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
You might just want to wait until you get the upper. Since everybody likes a different feel for there gun, your choice of stock may greatly effect your required sights.

Also, do/will you run an optic? That might be something to consider becasue I thought the HK sights sat lower than the AR style flip-ups.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Also, do/will you run an optic? That might be something to consider becasue I thought the HK sights sat lower than the AR style flip-ups.

I have an eotech on my max11 upper and will put the same on this upper. I do well with the eotech and want to keep the same style optics so as to not get "confusing".
good point on the co-witnessing. I had a set of dioptors on a dedicated 22lr AR upper years ago and cant remember how they sat. maybe lower 1/3 co-witness, but I just cant recall. couldnt ever get the upper running right (this was before spikes figured it out) and sold the whole thing in a fit of frusturation.

in talking it out here, leaning more back towards flip ups, as that probablly makes more sense.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
whatever the cheapest yhm sites were are what I use on mine when I am not using the fastfire

gocargo

UZI Talk Supporter
I like these
http://www.robertrtg.com/416sights.html

416sightset1.jpg

gocargo

UZI Talk Supporter
those were the ones I was refering to above.
do you have them mounted on a lage upper? with optics? how do you like it?
happen to have a picture?

I have them for my max 11 but am out of state so cannot do a photo until the holidays.

I believe that I learned of them here on UZI earlier this year and why I chose them.

Maybe that person will chime in and repost a photo.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I have them for my max 11 but am out of state so cannot do a photo until the holidays.

I believe that I learned of them here on UZI earlier this year and why I chose them.

Maybe that person will chime in and repost a photo.

are you running optics, and if so, what? how's co-witness?

THM7

UZI Talk Supporter
YHM flip ups and the Eotech sounds like the set-up you want.

MAC907

I use the H&K style Troy Micro Battle Sites on all of my subguns uppers. I found a place that sells them for $150 per set. They are a stylish and robust design, and their lower profile allows them to co-witness perfectly with my Leupold Delta point optics. If you're using a Burris Fastfire I believe they'll line up nicely with that as well.

MAC907

Buds Gun Shop has them for $156, I'll have to see if I can find a receipt for where I got them for $150.

You can kinda see the setup on my Max-10 here:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?63020-Lage-Halloween-Photo

If you want I can give you a comparative pic of all 3 of the suomi uppers with micro sites and delta points posted sometime tomorrow. The Stoney Creek upper will of coarse have the H&K sites that it came with, and I myself am now curious if they line up with a Leupold Delta Point optic since I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Buds Gun Shop has them for $156, I'll have to see if I can find a receipt for where I got them for $150.

You can kinda see the setup on my Max-10 here:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?63020-Lage-Halloween-Photo

If you want I can give you a comparative pic of all 3 of the suomi uppers with micro sites and delta points posted sometime tomorrow. The Stoney Creek upper will of coarse have the H&K sites that it came with, and I myself am now curious if they line up with a Leupold Delta Point optic since I haven't tried it yet.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it. Unless is the pic in the max31 thread then I'll just go find it.

MAC907

I'll be taking new pics at a few different angles for you. Just found my camera while going through a box of range stuff that it was accidentally placed in.

MAC907

Site cowitnessing:

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 175

MAC907

More angles:

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 171
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter