Lage Max 11/15 and the internal gas block

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
just got my max 11/15 last night, went for a quick fitment while ago and notice the bolt wouldnt release (IRM model).
looked down the grip and appears the thing that holds the spring into the back of the bolt (that's technical jargon for you) wont release all the way due to my lage internal gas block being in the way.
I dont have time right now to fiddle with it, but I have a high degree of certainty that's the problem.
anyone else run in to this? I havent read anything about it yet. admittedly, its really minor, but I'd like to leave it in for switching uppers around where the gas block is actually useful.
when I get some time, I'll pull it to confirm that's the problem, then probably start sanding on it to see if I can get it well passed the release point but still installed. (yes, I realize there needs to be a pretty large margin of wiggle room in there so it doesnt accidentally catch under fire).

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, you are correct. The Internal Gas Block needs to be removed to install the MAX-11/15.

figured....thanks for responding!
you think it can be sanded in a "ramped" fashion (all the way from front to rear) and get enough clearance to stay installed (and still functional to a degree on your other uppers)?

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
update; I sanded my internal block down at an angle such that the 'thing that holds the spring into the back of the bolt' can release far enough down that it actually hits the pin holding the internal block in, rather that the internal block itself. which is pretty close to how much that thing "drops" anyways when that pin isnt installed at all.
hopefully keeping (most of) the block in will help with gas on the max 11/15 as well as still be effective with other uppers.
guess only shooting it and time will tell.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter