Bolt storage

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got a lage upper and all 3 bolts. I've accumulated so much stuff I tote around with me (max11 22lr kit, mags, parts and pieces, etc etc) that throwing it all in a bag is not only messy, but can get hard to sort thru when looking for something.

solution was to buy a semi rigid toolbag to put all the various "stuff" in with a few plastic tackle type boxes for small parts, etc.

here's the question. since I have a total of 4 bolts (including the 22lr), I've got a tackle (lure) box to put them in. however, due to the size of the lage bolts, they have to compress about an inch or so to fit. and they stay compressed.
I realize mag springs and such have been proven to sit for years compressed and dont hurt anything and my assumption is that the bolts can do the same.
just kinda looking for confirmation from the hive that I'm not wrecking my springs leaving them compressed a little bit.

TIA

LawBob

The act of compressing decompressing the spring is what wears the spring out.

Otherwise all our antique cars would be quite droopy sitting around

Mr.Maim

LawBob, what about all the talk about not leaving magazines loaded for extended periods of time because the springs compress? Is that total B.S.?

DistalRadius

LawBob, what about all the talk about not leaving magazines loaded for extended periods of time because the springs compress? Is that total B.S.?

Yes. This myth has finally had a stake driven through its heart on pretty much every gun board by now. You can leave your mags loaded indefinately.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter