QD mount for Max11? (larue no go)

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
as a followup to my prior thread, I need a little help.

I settled on the larue lt660hk mount for my aimpoint t1. I thought the height would be good, etc.
however, I quickly found that the mount's QD mechanism would not shut all the way. I figured out why (and confirmed with Mr Lage...thanks for taking time during the holidays and the rush to answer my emails). the top rail on the max11 is "shorter" in height than the side rails, and apparently other rails. such that when the QD went to latch, it dug into the top of the upper (below the rail). hopefully this makes sense.
so it looks like larue QD mounts and other similar styles of a robust nature are a no go on the max11 (but richard says should be GTG on the max31).

anyone have any QD mount suggestions for the T1 on a max11 upper?

pic again:

Max11optics.jpg

Goof2

Oh no - that is bad news. I was looking to by a LaRue mount for my new sight. It looks like I am going to need to look elsewhere.

I have no direct experience with these mounts and the Lage products but I really like the design and construction of the ADM mounts. They even offer different heights for the T1.

img

ADM Aimpoint Mounts

Should that QD style not work either, you can always try the Daniel Defense 'fixed' mount:

1926_pd1971156_1.jpg

DD Aimpoint Micro Mount

clownbaby

UZI Talk Supporter
I used my H1 with a cheapy QD mount that came with the optic as a packqge deal from Brownells I believe. Mount and optic worked great. I ended up going going back to my eotech though just because I prefer the faster target acquisition.

AmishEskimoNinja

I've had similar problems with other rails. For a "universal" mounting system, it surprises me how many variations of rails there are.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I am running the LaRue LT751 on my Max-11 upper with no issues.

interesting.
is yours the same upper as mine with irons? is it maybe "newer"? my upper is probably 4 or 5 years old, anyways. wonder if that makes a difference.

while it ultimately doesnt matter if my "optics fail and I have to go to irons" as it'll be at the ranch or something where a screwdriver is available and I can call a time out from the beer can shooting, but I'd like to keep it QD.

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
What about dremeling the latch? My LT660 fits on there once I loosen it up (upper is 4 to 5 years old) but dings up under the rail. shaving off a little of the front of the cam would seem to cure it.

My American Defense fits perfect, but I have the low mount and it is too low.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
What about dremeling the latch? My LT660 fits on there once I loosen it up (upper is 4 to 5 years old) but dings up under the rail. shaving off a little of the front of the cam would seem to cure it.

My American Defense fits perfect, but I have the low mount and it is too low.

while I'd rather not go messing with a perfectly good (and expensive) mount, that's not a bad idea as it doesnt seem to require much.

39lasalle

interesting.
is yours the same upper as mine with irons? is it maybe "newer"? my upper is probably 4 or 5 years old, anyways. wonder if that makes a difference.

while it ultimately doesnt matter if my "optics fail and I have to go to irons" as it'll be at the ranch or something where a screwdriver is available and I can call a time out from the beer can shooting, but I'd like to keep it QD.

I have the flat top upper with out sights and it is only about a year old if that. I will be home on Sunday and will give it a closer look as I never gave it a thought.

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
A.R.M.S. makes a quick detach unit, but they are proud of it ($$$$$$$)! Have two of there units, one for the RX 30/1X42 reflex and one universal for flashlights.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I have the flat top upper with out sights and it is only about a year old if that. I will be home on Sunday and will give it a closer look as I never gave it a thought.

if you wouldnt mind, kinda comparing (which is difficult to do) to the above pic.

Goof2

Bobro works on mine - sadly they don't make a t1 mount. I have a GG&G for my TR24 I can try if you like (their only t1 mount comes with built in covers, though).

Goof2

I purchased an ADM CASV t1 mount and it does work. I really like this setup.

click to embiggen'

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I purchased an ADM CASV t1 mount and it does work. I really like this setup.

click to embiggen'

that looks nice (and simple).
I wound up leaving the eotech on my max11 and put the t1 on a KISS 10.5" sbr I had.

NinerRider

Yeah as others have stated I got my 660 to work just fine, it was tight but after a few times on and off it fits great.

775Patriot

Yeah, I'm also running an LT751 absolute co-witness on a flat top upper with no issues.

Mr.Maim

Well this is interesting. I've always been a LaRue guy but recently came across a Knight's Armament Micro-Aimpoint Mount (Model: P/N: 25682) for a different firearm but it ends up getting moved around frequently. I have both a Max-33 and a Max-11. The mount works fine on the Max-33 but exhibits the same issue on the Max-11 as the OP's LaRue mount.

So, be forewarned that this issue also stands with the KAC mount.

Mr.Maim

Reviving this thread a little... has anybody done, or considered doing a re-weld of the upper rail? It appears to be spot-welded in six places, only one of which is obstructed by the rear of the upper receiver frame. Drill them out (of course destroying the factory rail) and spot weld a new one in place.

Goof2

With the availability of quality mounts that do work I don't see a need to rip off the rail.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter