those of you running a T1/H1 on a Lage Upper (with irons)....

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
what mount are you running?
I'm strongly considering moving a T1 onto my Lage upper with the iron sights and ditching the eotech.
I love my eotech, as I think the circle/dot is fast and etc, but the width is starting to wear on me (physically in some cases). not to mention, I took a good trade on a T1 and dont really have a spot for it at the moment.

I dont care about co-witness, but I also think the "standard" height mounts are too tall. I mean, this is a range toy for the most part, so if the optics "go down", I can take it off at my leisure and go back to shooting without fear the beercans will get a clear shot back ;)
QD would be nice, but not mandatory.

pics to support your recommendations would also be appreciated.

TIA yall

since everyone likes pics:
DSC076151.jpg

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
I used the low American Defense mount on a T1 and with a primary arms, also used the stock T1 mount on primary arms. http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...-Micro-dot-T-1-base-seems-to-equal-co-witness, both ended up being uncomfortable with the sidefolder, but perfect with the Lage collapsible.

I think the perfect height (and I haven't gotten one yet, but mocked it up with spacers) would be the american defense CAS-V height mount or the Larue LT660HK when using an ace sidefolder with lage adapter. Both are just a bit lower than AR co-witness

ROCKETW19

yes love pictures! I use stock irons just cuz my Eotech dont look right on there.
I have a delta on my glock and it is growing on me I might try that if the need is there but for now irons are awsome

Attachments

• G21 glock.jpg
    G21 glock.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 384
  • myglockworx.jpg
    myglockworx.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 386

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I have a delta on my glock and it is growing on me I might try that if the need is there

The Burris Fastfire is similar in size to your Delta, and co-witnesses perfectly with the MAX11 iron sights. I have a Fastfire III on mine and really like it.

cgamer

The Burris Fastfire is similar in size to your Delta, and co-witnesses perfectly with the MAX11 iron sights. I have a Fastfire III on mine and really like it.

Mind putting up a pic with the Burris installed?

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I found the mini RDS (Burris FF, Docter, RMR, etc) to be too small to easily pick up on the Max-11. Mr. Lage is running a mini RDS type optic that has a larger field of view. I forgot the name...I'm sure he'll chime in.

Jake

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
I found the mini RDS (Burris FF, Docter, RMR, etc) to be too small to easily pick up on the Max-11. Mr. Lage is running a mini RDS type optic that has a larger field of view. I forgot the name...I'm sure he'll chime in.

Jake
I'd be curious what Richard's using.
I want to add a RDS to an OEM upper for my Lage M11/22 kit. I've used a Docter optic on a Sterling Mk4 and the FOV was unsatisfactory for fast paced shooting such as in a subgun match. I need something small for the limited real estate on the OEM upper, but with a generous FOV for the fastest possible target acquisition. Additionally, i need ultra bright for cloudless days under the desert sun. A forward mounted RDS may look cool, but it seriously limits the FOV which slows down times.

cgamer

Thanks. I'm still trying to pick a RDS to go on the Max 11 upper for the M11 in transfer. Knowing that most are a little too wide and tend to interfere with operation of the cocking handle, I'm looking for something that will cowitness with some low pro HK 416 style sights (intended to be on the Max 11 flat top). I haven't decided what to do on the Max 31, but since it doesn't have the same sort of issue, I'll probably go with an eotech 512 I have already.

Concorde

I use the meprolight 21 love it

I presume you're running it on a MAX11 with iron sights (since that's the topic of the original poster), so do you have it co-witnessing with the iron sights, or sitting so you look above/over them? Please post a photo.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Good info so far guys. Thanks.
The lt660hk is pretty high on my want list. But still looking.

Doesn't Lage run a cmore?

Concorde

Doesn't Lage run a cmore?
Yes, on flat tops with flip-up BUIS. However, he mentioned to me recently that he's gone to smaller red-dot optics more recently, even though they don't co-witness. I can't recall which brand/model he'd told me.

ROCKETW19

View attachment 22975

View attachment 22976

It's like shooting with irons... but way better. Perfect co-witness.

that looks good. My OCD will kick in if things are not proper in size ect,lol
I really am happy with the iron sights but my other problem is mall ninja syndrome I have to mod everything with some super duper fancy gaget what better than a cool lil red dot,lol

Concorde

that looks good.

My MAX-11A upper's rear sight came with an old style flipper that has the same aperture on both, so I thought about cutting one completely off but instead drilled one out and cold-blued it so that it would be more of a thin-walled "battle sight" which is what you see in the photo. That way, it's still as if the Fastfire sight is just putting a bright red dot right on top of the front post without the rear sight blocking the view.

Goof2

I'd be curious what Richard's using.
I want to add a RDS to an OEM upper for my Lage M11/22 kit. I've used a Docter optic on a Sterling Mk4 and the FOV was unsatisfactory for fast paced shooting such as in a subgun match. I need something small for the limited real estate on the OEM upper, but with a generous FOV for the fastest possible target acquisition. Additionally, i need ultra bright for cloudless days under the desert sun. A forward mounted RDS may look cool, but it seriously limits the FOV which slows down times.

Have you given any consideration to the c-more RTS? It might fit your needs.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
The last time I tried a Larue mount on the Max-11, I had trouble with the rail sitting too low for the Larue mounting system to engage completely. This isn't an issue with the Max-31.

Jake

THM7

UZI Talk Supporter
Richard is using something similar to the C more RTS....it is a bit cheaper as I remember.The RTS has not gotten a good rep lately...many have gone back with issues..lens falling out.etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter