Search results

1. sharps_74

Uzi value question (to shoot or not to shoot. That is the question)

Ok, so I bought what looks to be and was claimed to be an unfired AA Model A IMI Uzi. It came with the unused sling, dummy short display barrel and two magazines (one in the original AA box). I'm not a collector of Uzis (I collect Lugers, C96 Mausers and such). It has no box nor paperwork. Now...
  2. sharps_74

ISO: Broomhandle Mauser stock

I bought myself a Broomhandle Mauser for my birthday and I need a stock. I'm not concerned about it being an old original as I intend to use it. I know that I can get one off ebay or several other places. I want to check here before there because quality is important. So now is the time to get...
  3. sharps_74

A question of compatibility of part

I have a CAI Golani in 5,56. It's a great weapon if I run steel case ammunition. However, with brass not so much. The culprit seems to be the extractor spring. That got me to thinking. Would an extractor spring from an AK47 or AK74 work as a good replacement? Also, what parts are compatible...
  4. sharps_74

Freshly blessed with an HK USP Compact 40

I went to the gun show in Conway (Arkansas) and scored an H&K USP COMPACT in 40 caliber. It is one awesome weapon.
  5. sharps_74

Help needed to reassemble H91 trigger pack

A part in my Hesse Arms H91 trigger pack broke and I disassembled it so I could replace the part. However, just like most things, it's not going back together in the same order as it came apart, lol. Anybody have a schematic. Heck, I think even one for a CETME will give me an idea of what I'm...
  6. sharps_74

A question for those who use a suppressor on a Galil.

Is there a way to prevent the gases from hitting you in the face every time you fire your weapon? Thanks.
  7. sharps_74

Sterling, Sten, Sten, Sterling?? Oy Vey!!

Today at a gun show I traded into a Sterling Mk4 made by Wise Lite. Now while looking for spare magazines I'm finding that many places are selling Sten magazines and saying they are for the Sterling. I'm new to this weapon and have a couple questions maybe those who are in the know can help me...
  8. sharps_74

Couple of Golani questions.

On Saturday I traded in my Trapdoor rifle for a Century Arms Golani. Needless to say, I am so happy with this weapon. However, I have some questions (hence the title). Anyway, I am wondering what the flash suppressor thread pitch is? And what magazines work in it? I have the AR15 magazine...
  9. sharps_74

Where can I get information on my M-12?

I just traded into a M-12 and I really like the weapon. It is made by Cobray (SWD) and fires from a closed bolt. Is there a site or something I can?
  10. sharps_74

Make a 20 rd. magazine out of a 32 rounder????

At the risk of sounding ignorant, can it be done? How hard would it be for a person that has only a foredom (a good quality moto tool) some files and a vise? I have a bunch of the 32 round magazines and I just got a pistol that came sans any 20s. If you have ever done the conversion please...
  11. sharps_74

How cool is this

After some prayer and dealing I got blessed with this Uzi pistol with the box, sight tool and two manuals (one blue and one green). Now all I need to do is trade into some 20 rd. magazines, an holster and one of those .22 conversion kits. Anyhow, it was new unfired when I got it last week. As a...
  12. sharps_74

Anybody else have trouble with T.I.? (A little rant)

I bought an suppressor from Tactical Innovations and it works very well. I even bought the tool for taking it apart. Anyhow, after much effort and some pain I called the company and talked to the owner only to be told with so many cuss words (I am Christian and do not use them) that I must have...
  13. sharps_74

Yet another SA SBR question

I have an IMI semi auto Uzi that I wish to SBR. The Uzi is nearly new although it was made in the 1980s. I want to use different calibers with it. If I engrave it on the receiver I can see how this can be done. I would like to avoid this, so I am looking at engraving the barrel. Is it passable...
  14. sharps_74

First build question (which one?)

I have found that I will have a few hundred dollars leftover each month and am thinking that I would like to do a build during the off days when I have no students. It will be my first and I would like to start off fairly simple. What do y'all suggest? I do not have a press and will be mainly...
  15. sharps_74

Anybody make a .40 S&W Barrel......

..... for a full size? I am looking to build up my calibers of Uzi. Besides, one of my sidearms is in .40S&W.
  16. sharps_74

TZ75 threaaded barrel help

I need to find a threaded barrel for my pre series 88 TZ75 (CZ75 clone). The caliber of my full size weapon is 9m/m. Anybody know where to get one?
  17. sharps_74

Refinishing an Uzi stock question

I just got a wooden stock for my Uzi and am wondering what type of wood was used in making them and what was used to finish them. Have any of y'all ever refinished one? Mine looks good, I would like to bring out the grain.
  18. sharps_74

Trust/LLC information needed

It does not look like I will ever stop getting NFA stuff. I am not even trying to quit. So I think it wise to get either a Trust or go the LLC route. I know very little about each. So, I need information from those that have them. Also, if you live in the free state of Arkansas, do you know of...
  19. sharps_74

Form 1 questions

I want to SBR my Uzi. I have a few questions about filling out the form. 1e. Length of barrel. I may not want to go with one Bbl. Can "MULTI" be used. 1f. Overall Length. If I am not using a certain Bbl. then how can I give an OAL? 4c. CALIBER: I do not intend to always have it in 9mm and...
  20. sharps_74

Loose barrel on my Vector Uzi carbine.

Any of y'all have that problem? If you did and you fixed it, what did you do? I have tightened the nut and it can still be moved or slightly rotated. Thanks

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter