Yet another SA SBR question

sharps_74

I have an IMI semi auto Uzi that I wish to SBR. The Uzi is nearly new although it was made in the 1980s. I want to use different calibers with it. If I engrave it on the receiver I can see how this can be done. I would like to avoid this, so I am looking at engraving the barrel. Is it passable with the BATFE to engrave a barrel of each caliber with the information? If not, what would you do to allow the use of different calibers. Also, if this has been addressed and you can, please post a link. Thanks

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
Engrave the barrel that lives on the gun the most. Change the barrels when you want to shoot a different caliber but keep the engraved one with you. I have been told by Tech branch this is OK.

sharps_74

BWE Firearms said:
Engrave the barrel that lives on the gun the most. Change the barrels when you want to shoot a different caliber but keep the engraved one with you. I have been told by Tech branch this is OK.

Cool. did they give you this in writing? The reason I ask is because they have a tendency to change the rules.

GoingQuiet

sharps_74 said:
Cool. did they give you this in writing? The reason I ask is because they have a tendency to change the rules.

Once again, this is why this is hosted on my server.

ATF%20Markings.jpg

Goat

UZI Talk Supporter
What about on the top cover? You need that just as much as the barrel for the gun to work. Replace the plate that says "modifications to this firearm are illegal" with one that says "Property of Goat's NFA trust, Smalltown, Ohio"

sharps_74

Goat, that is interesting. I never thought about that. It would be easier to replace and would allow plenty of space to put the calibers and other information.

TitleIIArms

UZI Talk Supporter
Yea.. If you can determine what they mean by "readily removed" on the particuliar day they might happen to inspect it and what the inspector thinks it means in his/her mind. Too much gray matter for my tast...

Guy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter