Make a 20 rd. magazine out of a 32 rounder????

sharps_74

At the risk of sounding ignorant, can it be done? How hard would it be for a person that has only a foredom (a good quality moto tool) some files and a vise? I have a bunch of the 32 round magazines and I just got a pistol that came sans any 20s. If you have ever done the conversion please enlighten me with your knowledge. On a side note, none of the IMI/star marked mags. will be used for this.

Surly

UZI Talk Life Member
"Daschle and Herseth Free" South Dakota...Johnson'
Anything is possible. There was a thread in the Uzi forum where a guy was asking about an unmarked 20 that didn't have the 25 mark deleted. The 20's are actually 25's that were cut by the factory. I have chopped a few Sten and PSL mags to diminish the capacities and I've had good results.

Leave extra material on the sides to bend out and trim to retain the floor plate. The metal on the Uzi mags is thicker and will be harder to work. Use your shittiest mag and give it a go. :thumbs_up

sharps_74

Thanks Surly. I need to find out what the length of the 20 round magazine is before I start cutting.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter