Search results

1. cvasqu03

Where to find 80% video

Hey guys, among the projects I've been meaning to get to recently I found an 80% polymer AR lower that I'd like to build out. It came with the red single use jig. I've finally organized my tools and will be cleaning out my drill press next, and I did get a milling attachment for it some time...
  2. cvasqu03

What's the thread size on UZI handguard screws?

I've been planning out some holiday projects including some silicone molding and using a recently acquired 3D printer and scanner. I recently noticed how mini-UZI handguards seem to have disappeared and thought that might be a good place to start. I was able to get one side of the handguard so...
  3. cvasqu03

UZI build parties? How about south Florida?

It's been quite a while since I've heard of any types of "build parties" actually happening. I remember the AK guys talking about them when the kits were plentiful, and I think I heard of some UZI guys doing it too, though come to think of it, I'm not sure I can recall hearing of any such...
  4. cvasqu03

What's the current understanding of the UZI parts count?

Sorry, I used to know this pretty well by heart, but I've been busy with my studies for the past couple of years and now that my degree program is coming to an end, I'm preparing to move on some long germinating projects and for some reason I can't remember what the UZI parts count is as...
  5. cvasqu03

Need help from someone who's welded a Grease Gun magwell to a trigger housing.

I’ve been looking at in the near future finally moving on some long germinating projects. One of them involves finally attempting a custom caliber conversion for an UZI. I actually have just about everything I need, but I was hoping you guys could help me out with something. Has anyone here...
  6. cvasqu03

Need help with bringing a trigger group to semi specs.

I’ve recently been cleaning up and consolidating some stuff with an eye toward possibly moving in the near future, and in the process I ended up putting all my UZI parts in a single place (my place has been a mess for years). I was surprised to find that I already have enough parts to put...
  7. cvasqu03

IWI 22lr UZIs any good?

I saw the special CDNN has on both the pistol and carbine 22lr UZIs and since I was thinking of buying the carbine at the higher price, I figured I'd buy both now, but I'm really concerned about why they dropped the price so much? Did it turn out these weren't that good and they're just dumping...
  8. cvasqu03

Incredible ripoff UZI patch

I know most of you out there are aware that there is an Action Arms UZI patch that is a reproduction, but I just ran across a new one that is not only a reproduction, but it's an incredibly lousy reproduction. The link is below, take a look at that image of the UZI. It doesn't even look like an...
  9. cvasqu03

Using airsoft parts in actual firearms

I know this has been discussed somewhat, but I wanted to get some more input about the idea of using airsoft accessories on actual firearms. The reason I was wondering about this is that several years ago I purchased an airsoft rail w/ foregrip that I was able to install on my full size Norinco...
  10. cvasqu03

Someone finally did something cool with a Norinco 320 stock

I know most people just find a way to either work the parts count or SBR their Norinco 320 to get rid of the thumbhole stock, but years ago before I knew this was an option I was thinking of trying to reshape it a little to be more comfortable to use. I kind of wondered why I never saw anyone...
  11. cvasqu03

Norinco UZI Full stock modification

I found a listing on Gunbroker for something titled a Norinco UZI full stock modification. Curiosity got the best of me so I clicked on it. I had to keep from laughing out loud at what I saw (I was in a crowded food court). It looks like someone screwed up big time and is trying to pass it...
  12. cvasqu03

What ever happened to moly?

A few years ago I started hearing about coating bullets with Molybdenum disulfide (moly) and how it decreased friction and fouling in barrels. This is a dry lubricant that resembles graphite and is particularly well suited to high temperature applications. Shortly thereafter every place that...
  13. cvasqu03

Question about import markings on handgun

I need some advice from some of you kit builders or people with more experience than me. I recently got a stripped CZ52 pistol frame that I'm planning to add a rail to. I bought the rail from JPFO. It attaches to the underside of the front of the frame right in front of the trigger guard...
  14. cvasqu03

Ticking timebomb of a Gunbroker auction

I think this is a potentially dangerous auction here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=75349600 They guy seems to be selling an IMI UZI FA receiver and boasts it's not demilled. I got worried until I saw he was in Germany. That seems OK, but then in his description, he says...
  15. cvasqu03

Need advice from all you welders

One of my summer goals has been to finally get some longstanding projects out of the way. One of the things I've been planning on is to get into welding. I've been reading a couple of books but I've checked and can not find any local classes. As far as I can tell, Oxy-Acetalyne welding sounds...
  16. cvasqu03

UZI parts count updates?

Hey all, over on Survivor's SKS boards, an expert member who's also a lawyer finally got some clarification from ATF regarding SKS parts count, and much to everyone's surprise it is now stated in writing that the rifle actually has two parts less than was originally thought (it only has one...
  17. cvasqu03

Another bad auction?

This is not my auction (of course), but I'm still trying to learn as much about this as possible. Is the item this guy is selling OK? Does the presence of the feet cause for possible legal problems? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67390301
  18. cvasqu03

Need Advice - Wood grips on a chrome gun

Hey guys, I've got a chrome plated CZ52 that I'm thinking of dressing up with some wood grips, but I need help making a decision about what type of wood. This is not one of the Classic Arms nickel plated CZ52's. In fact, I don't know where it came from. It might be a custom job. I bought it...
  19. cvasqu03

Gun show find

I usually can't post about great deals at shows because the shows in S. Florida tend to suck, but today, I got what I though was a pretty good deal. I passed by a table with three pretty sorry looking Action Arms marked boxes with mint looking 32 rd pouches (the 2 cell variety). The boxes were...
  20. cvasqu03

Cheap Scope Mount with pics

Cheap Scope Mount project with pics I just finished a project which I've been planning for the better part of a year. I'd had most of the parts already, I just had to get myself a drill press to finish everything off. I'd actually tried starting this several months ago, but gave up in...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter