Ticking timebomb of a Gunbroker auction

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
I think this is a potentially dangerous auction here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=75349600

They guy seems to be selling an IMI UZI FA receiver and boasts it's not demilled. I got worried until I saw he was in Germany. That seems OK, but then in his description, he says he'll cut it up for you if you need it shipped to the US, but he says he'll make nice clean saw cuts instead of torch cuts. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? I think that's what all those CZ 26 parts kits got recalled for.

texasvwnut

UZI Talk Life Member
That guy has about 10 MG receivers of different manufactures and one M1 Carbine and Garand receivers.

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
texasvwnut said:
That guy has about 10 MG receivers of different manufactures and one M1 Carbine and Garand receivers.

Yeah, but would saw cutting them be enough, or do they actually HAVE to be torch cut?

tony k

FFL/C&R
cvasqu03 said:
Yeah, but would saw cutting them be enough, or do they actually HAVE to be torch cut?
My understanding of current demil specs is that (A) they must be torch cuts, and in addition (B) the cuts must be at least 3/16" (or 3/8"?) wide.

IMHO, cutting the way he offers -- saw-cut with a thin blade -- will result in an MG that BATFE considers to still be a live gun. :(

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
tony k said:
My understanding of current demil specs is that (A) they must be torch cuts, and in addition (B) the cuts must be at least 3/16" (or 3/8"?) wide.

IMHO, cutting the way he offers -- saw-cut with a thin blade -- will result in an MG that BATFE considers to still be a live gun. :(

That's what I thought. Too bad, it's certainly a nice receiver with different markings than what you usually see around here.

raffica

UZI Talk Supporter
doesn't really matter whether it is or isn't an MG, or torch or saw cut.

it isn't legal to import any weapon or parts, without permit, and an Uzi would qualify as an "assault weapon", further non-importable under the Klinton ban. Anyone that thinks they can buy weapon parts overseas for use in the U.S. is looking for fines, time at club Fed, unless strict import permit rules are complied with.

Zoomie

Actually I believe you are wrong raffica. The moment a receiver is cut (per BATFE specs) it is no longer a gun or machinegun. It could then be imported as scrap metal. Also, You may import some weapon items as an individual but the value must meet a certain minimum and of course meet the other import rules that apply. Am I willing to test the ATF on this? Nope.
I just hate seeing perfectly good weapons destroyed. Seems a sin.

RuhRoRorge

This seems to me the same guy pushing FA M14 receivers over on M-14fourm.com - his ISP is Ohio I believe....Though he claims to be in Germany. If it's not an ATF trap, I hope this dude gets a spanking....

panaceabeachbum

your correct zoomie it would be legal for an individual to import on a form 6 for private use (ie not resale) after proper demill, on the demill the regs state torch cut displacing at least 1/4" material

There is nothing to test ATF or customs on they have the entire procedure spelled out to help with the process.

I imported a couple of ground mounts from one of the brit companies and know a couple of people that have recently imported , bofors, flak37, dshk and sg43 all on form 6 , no import licensce.

The issue of value of the items only matters to customs so they can get their share of the pie (import duties) , I believe anything under $600 (might have changed) on the declaration form is duty free. You have to make sure to tell the shipper not to include the shipping charges as part of the declared value. my .02

heimue

- The value of 1/4" is correct (I know out of experience), and it must be a torch cut;
- His ad sais "Semi Auto" in the top line, so we are not talking about an FA receiver;
- The guy is owning a gun store in Munich, Germany, so I believe his claims about being in Germany;
- It is legal for him to export almost anything that he can legally own, the importer has to watch whether it is also legal to import it into the specific country;
- Quote out of his GB ad: "I’m allowed to own any kind of receiver". I do not believe this. It is against the law in Germany to own, trade, sell, buy (and so on...) any part of a MG, SMG, and any kind of weapon that even "resembles" an assault weapon. Even if he sells an SA Uzi receiver, he will go to German fed camp for at least 2 years.

Dieter

jmoszer

"If you come from the United Sates of America then you are only allowed to import them if they are demilled in accordance with the NFA or if you have a special licence. I will do fine, straight cuts to the receivers with a thin saw blade (machine, not with a welding torch). You can also pay with a normal bank wire transfer or by sending the money."

Enough said. :)

eodinert

Barrels and bolts are regulated in germany, not receivers. Anybody can buy machine gun receivers over the counter there.

Patriot

If it looks like a trap, it's probably a trap. "not with a welding torch" Yeah, right. BOHICA if you bite on this one! I guess F-Troop has nothing better to do than entrap honest citizens.

Patriot
Pro Patria Vigilans

Mike85220

Read it again,

"only allowed to import them if they are demilled in accordance with the NFA or if you have a special licence. I will do fine, straight cuts to the receivers with a thin saw blade (machine, not with a welding torch)."

He should not have put a period after the word license. It should state "If you have a special licence I will do fine, straight cuts to the receivers with a thin saw blade.

He just segmented the sentence wrong.

watchin

UZI Talk Life Member
I dont think there is a law against how you 'segment' sentences, only MG receivers.
-watchin-

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter