Need help from someone who's welded a Grease Gun magwell to a trigger housing.

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
I’ve been looking at in the near future finally moving on some long germinating projects. One of them involves finally attempting a custom caliber conversion for an UZI. I actually have just about everything I need, but I was hoping you guys could help me out with something.

Has anyone here actually installed a Grease Gun magwell onto an UZI trigger group themselves? I’d be looking at doing something similar, but what I need to know is how you removed the regular UZI magwell from the trigger group. In particular I have a couple of questions;

All I have to work with right now is a Dremel tool and a handsaw. Should I purchase a full size cut off wheel/grinder or will the Dremel suffice?

I can more or less see where the spotwelds are, but should I try to drill through these, or should I try to separate the two pieces with a cut-off wheel? In particular how did you remove the welds at the top of the magwell?

Does anyone have any pictures of the process or of the trigger group with the magwell removed?

Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter