Where to find 80% video

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
Hey guys, among the projects I've been meaning to get to recently I found an 80% polymer AR lower that I'd like to build out. It came with the red single use jig. I've finally organized my tools and will be cleaning out my drill press next, and I did get a milling attachment for it some time ago that I've been meaning to mount. I figured this frame would be a good first project to tackle.

Does anyone know where I can find video instructions about how to finish the receiver. YouTube is obviously not an option anymore, but I didn't see any links on the P80 website either. Is there any video anywhere? If not, how about instructions? The kit I got didn't include any.

slimshady

The manuals are here:

Not much need for a vid, drill out the FCG holes and mill the pocket in it. Trigger slot. Done. Jig should have the outline of the cuts and instructions have the depth.

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
The manuals are here:

Not much need for a vid, drill out the FCG holes and mill the pocket in it. Trigger slot. Done. Jig should have the outline of the cuts and instructions have the depth.

Thanks, I'd seen that but was hoping for a video.

I'd heard someone say that finishing either a rifle receiver or a pistol frame was better with either a hand drill or a drill press, but for the life of me can't remember which was which. I think they said it was counterintuitive so I was thinking a receiver would be better with a hand drill and a pistol frame with a drill press but cant' say for sure.

So, if there are no videos, are there at least any tips from anyone who's done it before?

One of the reasons I'd like to build this is I'd like to make an AR pistol that I can later SBR into a rifle so I wanted a receiver that had never been transferred as a rifle before.

slimshady

The instructions say to drill the FCG pin holes from each side with a hand drill, I have always just used a drill press with the jig laying on the table, handheld to align the bit with no problems. Actually cutting out the pocket requires a cross slide vise and drill press unless you want it to look like it was hand cut with a fork.

Never done a plastic before, but the AL ones are pretty easy. Drill out the removed part of the pocket to get less material to deal with. Set your depth maybe 1/4" short then cut almost to the outline on the jig. Set to final depth and take to outline. Test fit FCG, widen slowly if needed.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter