Recent content by Longez77

1. L

Tom Wright aka Vegas SMG has passed away

I did not know him but I hope he was 105 years old. Maybe he was young? That is even worse. Stole this from another group I am in but as time moves on we all get older and older - So sad. As time goes on this is truly the hard part of aging. Yet again, another nice guy gone too soon. At one...
  2. L

Weld up UZI receiver using gas welder?

Remember you have one or maybe two leads (welding antennas that are very good at picking up welding interference ) from the device that go into your heart. Quit worrying about the device and start worrying about your heart. Damage to the device from welding interference -- 1. Device can be...
  3. L

Will surplus bolt work in my IMI Coverted Uzi? Wood Stock?

"picture of a modified FA bolt that works with the restrictor ring" would be very difficult to see the difference. It is not much you need to remove but it is difficult to even measure. Plus the bolt is VERY Hard.
  4. L

Richard at BWE

Good to hear from you. Take care and heal well and quick. We also have a family member who had a colon removed 20 + years ago. They are doing well and most people who know or see him cannot even tell the serious problems he had.
  5. L

Richard at BWE

"We should all be praying that the situation improves soon for Richard and his family." Let's hope for the best.
  6. L

UZI SA Bolts

Got it. Looks good. $360 Ouch! Will be awhile before I test it.
  7. L

UZI SA Bolts

Looks like McKay has SA bolts available. I ordered one. Will keep you posted once I get it.
  8. L

Universal sight tool mainly for Glocks

I have a NcSTAR Vism Glock Pro Tool. Works fine. About $50-$60. Space Coast of Florida here. I could lend it.
  9. L

Looks like USBarrelshrouds has some Sears

I got mine. Looks good. Will be awhile until I actually use it. Delay is health related not hardware related.
  10. L

Looks like USBarrelshrouds has some Sears

Semi Auto Sears https://shop.usbarrelshrouds.com/-NEW-US-Made-Uzi-Semi-Auto-Sears-IN-STOCK-_p_99.html Not low cost but maybe available for awhile.
  11. L

It's the "Very Good" part that worries me.
  12. L

Medical reasons (Installed D-Fib) prevent me from any electric welding. Thoughts on a weld up using Oxy/Act torch??
  13. L

Some observations regarding the recently discovered polymer stock from USBS

"oil-soaked wood stocks from APEX" I have one of these oil soaked stocks. Used the hardware on another wood blank I had. So far have drained enough oil out of the stock to change oil in my car twice. It appears there will still be plenty of oil remaining for a few more oil changes. I have the...
  14. L

Uziel Gal Birthday today 12/15/1923

The 15th of December, 1923, was the birthday of Uziel “Uzi” Gal (born Gotthard Glas). According to Wikipedia, he was “…born in Weimar, Germany. When the Nazis came to power in 1933 he moved first to England and later, in 1936, to Kibbutz Yagur in the British Mandate of Palestine where he changed...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter