Tom Wright aka Vegas SMG has passed away

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
We are diminished. Prayers for his family.

Aim4fun

UZI Talk Supporter
Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his commentary and dealing with him on CFW bolt related stuff. RIP

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter
Just awful news :(

In addition to doing business with him, we had many an email exchange outside of the MAC world, sharing common perspective on many things. I wish we had gotten to know each other face-to-face.

I hope his family members find comfort, and that he rests in peace.

LawBob

Never met him, but conversed once in the phone and through some emails. Extremely helpful and insightful.

Always enjoyed his comments here. Sad.

prescottkid

That is terrible news.

I just spoke to him about a month and a half ago about a new M10 tungsten bolt that he was working on. He had a new design that was lighter then the original one and would not beat up the lower like the first one.

This is a blow to our hobby as he was a wealth of knowledge and contributed so much. He will truly be missed.

God bless and rest in peace, Tom.

Super Dak©

As has been said, a wealth of knowledge that he freely shared! He was my go-too on Sterling info, and he didn't hesitate to send me docs and letters when I had BATF/ Form 3 issue. Always great posts also! A true loss to the community. RiP!

Longez77

UZI Talk Supporter
I did not know him but I hope he was 105 years old. Maybe he was young? That is even worse.

Stole this from another group I am in but as time moves on we all get older and older -

So sad.
As time goes on this is truly the hard part of aging.
Yet again, another nice guy gone too soon.

At one point when way to many I knew were having very serious trouble way to soon

I added something like " Stop Stop Stop -- When is this going to stop? Then I understood it will stop as soon as my number comes up."

Getting old sucks.

zipakna

UZI Talk Life Member
OH My F------ GOD. i cannot believe that! hes a big reason for me being here. Right there when i had any question about my Machine Guns as i was getting into them. you new guys here have NO Idea what has just been lost

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
He'll be missed. He was always extremely helpful and generous with his time and knowledge, and always underpromised and over delivered. We talked about spring rates and such minutia a few times and then a few days later an unknown package would arrive with a note saying 'try this!' Best wishes to his family!!!

bigj480

UZI Talk Life Member
Tom was a real boon to the community here and it's hard to imagine this place without him. I didn't really know him but I did purchase a few bolts from him. From what I've seen of him on this forum and in my few interactions with him he was always friendly, helpful and conscientious. If his family is in need of anything, I hope that it's made known so that we may be able to help in some small way. Rest in peace.

gt3499a

Bummer

Tom was a great guy to talk to and deal with. I'm shocked he is gone

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow, that is really sad to hear. Tom was a great guy and a huge contributor to all of us. He will definitely be missed.

svtcobra

Omg. So sorry to hear this. Tom always answered my questions and he was the main reason I bought my m11/9 10 years ago. Condolences to his family. If anyone has info about a funeral or where to send flowers, please share.

pjm204

This is a major bummer. I met Tom at a NUTS shoot here in Idaho and had a blast hanging out with him. He helped me track down a holy grail gun. It also sucks that I didn't know he had moved to Idaho, I would have visited him.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
This is a major blow. I talked to him several times and every time he treated me like a friend and was generous with his time and knowledge. My heart goes out to his daughters, and I'm heartsick. It happened so fast.

Mr.Maim

Godspeed Tom. We had several business deals together and he always honest, forthcoming, and fair. I always knew I was dealing with a man who placed a high value on his personal integrity; as highly as do mine.

His absence from this forum will be noticeable.

Hoping for endless ammo for Tom in the next life. :)

stevo

Sad to hear. Never had dealings or correspondence with him, but knew was a VERY well respected member of this forum. RIP sir!

boomer535

I am so sorry to hear this. Every time I shoot my M11/9 with his bolt I will think of him. My thoughts and prayers go to his Family and that God can give them comfort.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks for everything Tom.
Your CFW-A bolt has tamed my M11/380.

RIP

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter