Richard at BWE

towerboat

Has anyone heard from Richard at BWE lately? I set him one of his uzi barrels I purchased to be worked on about a month ago. I haven’t been able to reach him by phone or email !

sc.schultz

I bought a barrel, sling swivel, and a sear from him back in October of 2019. I have emailed him almost monthly and he is hit and miss with replying. He can't get barrel blanks, he can't get sears. So I sent him a sear to be converted back in July of 2020... What a mistake. I have yet to see that sear back. I've asked him to return it and he told me he'd get it at the end of the month (last month). No word from him.. I'm starting to question his reputation on here now. (He has been somewhat active with posting on his YouTubr channel with his cat)

towerboat

GREAT! Did I just donate a barrel I already paid him $160 for!!! I don’t live that far away. Maybe I’ll pay him a visit...

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember he wouldn’t let me drive to pick up my machinegun and forced me to pay to ship it back to myself. Fuck that guy

Cost me $200 to ship my uzi because he refused to do registed mail via usps. Gun sat with him for 8 months and no work was ever done to it. Would have taken him 2 hours tops to weld in the feed ramp I wanted. What a waste

Last edited:

Billman

I’m with TheColtCollector on this one... Will never waste my time or money on him, again.

mike

UZI Talk Life Member
The last YouTube video I watched of him he was talking about The HK MP5 that was about a month ago. It’s a shame because he really knows his stuff about UZI’s

towerboat

I’m disappointed in this guy and sorry to hear of all of your experiences. Everyone I’ve met for the most part in this hobby of ours has been pretty good upstanding individuals. Someone with his skill set would be an asset to all of us. That skill set isn’t worth shit without reliability and integrity though

Kramer

I am still waiting for a bunch of parts that I ordered late December.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Has anyone heard from BWE or not?

Lets stay on topic. If it is going to be a bashing thread, it will be closed

Atllaw

I placed an order from BWE last week for an in stock part that shipped two days after I placed it. It hasn’t arrived yet, but no reason to think it isn’t what ordered.

On the other hand, I called and left three messages with BWE over the last two weeks about work I would like to get done. Have also sent an email. Have gotten no response. I will go with someone else. Glad to get the information here because it looks like I dodged a bullet.

fortyfive1911a1

Wow, I’m kinda bummed to see a thread like this on this forum. I’ve never heard anything but appreciation for the excellent work and contributions BWE has made for the community. I would recommend giving the guy a break, these are crazy times for anyone running a business.

mike

UZI Talk Life Member
I was just on his site clicking around most of the stuff shows back ordered. Hope he’s ok.

K2

Hi All,

FWIW. BWE is pretty much all Richard. When Richard can't work not much happens in the shop at BWE. Product can be shipped if it is in stock.

Richard is unable to work right now. Due to my respect for his privacy, I'll not elaborate. I may have overstepped even mentioning this.

Take care,

K2

ole442

Banned
Way freakin' too close to the city....especially n
Hi All,

FWIW. BWE is pretty much all Richard. When Richard can't work not much happens in the shop at BWE. Product can be shipped if it is in stock.

Richard is unable to work right now. Due to my respect for his privacy, I'll not elaborate. I may have overstepped even mentioning this.

Take care,

K2

I was suspecting this since prior to this he seems to have always been responsive! He seems to have always had a large workload and being the only member of his "team" I'm sure was a factor in recent issues! We should all be praying that the situation improves soon for Richard and his family. Things in the country haven't been "normal" for the last year (personal and business) and it's not looking good for the near future IMO

Longez77

UZI Talk Supporter
"We should all be praying that the situation improves soon for Richard and his family."

Let's hope for the best.

Jager

I sent him an email about getting some work done. This is the response I got February first: "Due to the backlog of work I currently have I am not excepting any new work.

Richard Hoffman"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter