Richard at BWE

Kimber1911

I wish Richard and his family well and pray what ever the situation be improves soon.

tonelar

usps is slower than usual PLUS small businesses have been hit hard this last 12 months

hope he is able to recover, we are losing too many “uzi saavy” resources

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Another one is lost.

Folks, let's not get carried away here? Until the man dies or closes up shop, we aren't doing him any favors speaking in the past tense!
I've seen Internet rumors take on a life of their own many times. It can really hurt a business if and when they try to make a comeback.
I have no idea what the situation is, but my thoughts are with Richard and his beloved wife at what must be a difficult time.

ehunt

Rumors happen because people jump in threads saying I know what the problem is, but I can't tell you. If I had my items sitting at his shop, I would want to know what the situation is.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I think the person who "jumped in the thread" was trying to help. The thread was taking on a bit of a negative tone, hence why the mod jumped in to keep it on track. The poster wanted to assure the members that there was an issue and it obviously wasn't that BWE was slacking or ignoring customers. It's easy for a bash fest to just take off sometimes, especially when emotions run high.
If indeed someone has an item in Richard's shop, I don't think this is the place to address the issue. Hopefully at some point the problem will be more public and we can ALL be better informed. Let's be thankful for this forum where information can be accessed freely.
I only jumped in because when I first read the post, I had assumed the worst. I imagine others might have been initially shocked as well. After doing some more investigating, it appeared that Richard was still with us.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
I am still here. I have not been answering the phone or emails in the last month because of health issues, and I apologize for that.

I just got out of the hospital after a two plus week stay there after emergency surgery. I found out I have Colon cancer and am recovering from the surgeons removing most of my Colon. As I recover my strength I will get back in the shop and get things back on track. Give me some time and I will get everything back on track. The cancer explains why I have been so worn out the last year and have been working a lot slower than before.

There is no need to worry about me dying and people not being able to get their Uzis fixed, I am not going anywhere and I can't afford to die anyway. My wife is going to start taking on some of the work with producing parts to help us get back on track. My son graduates from college this spring and at this point his plans are to join the business. As I get him trained it will relieve the load on my plate and increase our production times. BWE is not going anywhere and is not closing for a long time.

The other thing to remember is 2020 was a crazy year for the firearms industry and me as well. We sold 3 times as many parts in 2020 as we have in any other year. As a one man shop I simply could not keep up with parts production and gunsmithing. 2021 will be a rebuilding year for BWE as I get my health back and get the family helping more in the shop we will get caught up please just bear with us. After all my health is the most important thing.

I also want to thank everyone for their support and prayers during this time. It means a great deal to me .

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
So good to hear from you, don't worry the man upstairs knows how busy you are, just a bump in the road. All the best. :)

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Richard, good to hear from you. Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Woofman

Good to hear that you are alive and well...as well as you could be after something like this.

If somehow a package is found that was sent USPS please just resell it. Could help pay some bills. Just totally forgot about the directions on your site, had another project going at the time and was rushing around.
All the best wishes for good health.

Longez77

UZI Talk Supporter
Good to hear from you. Take care and heal well and quick.

We also have a family member who had a colon removed 20 + years ago. They are doing well and most people who know or see him cannot even tell the serious problems he had.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter