Some observations regarding the recently discovered polymer stock from USBS

Longez77

UZI Talk Supporter
"oil-soaked wood stocks from APEX"

I have one of these oil soaked stocks. Used the hardware on another wood blank I had. So far have drained enough oil out of the stock to change oil in my car twice.

It appears there will still be plenty of oil remaining for a few more oil changes.

I have the oil soaked stock sitting in Kitty Litter in the hot Florida sun trying to dry it out.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
US Barrel Shrouds:

https://shop.usbarrelshrouds.com/Uzi-IMI-Black-Poly-Stock-Type-7-NEW-SMG--See-description-_p_46.html

Will the hardware fit? My opinion: Sort of. You need the latching mechanism which at present requires a complete wood stock from APEX Gun parts. From that you get a buttplate, quick detach bracket assembly and some screws - some wood, some machine, all slotted.

What I would do is reuse the slotted wood screws from the donor stock but ream out those holes in the new stock to 3/16". Do this in steps with larger bits and test; maybe all the wood screws are not the same.

For the machine screws attaching the latching bracket I am using 10-24 Allen head screws that have the flat head, not cap screw head so the head sits flush with the latch. Rather than screw around (haha) with the original captive nuts, I am using two knurled brass 10-24 nuts inserted into the bottom recess. I need to trim the Alllen head screws to be flush with these nuts and when I do I'll post a pic. These new fasteners came from my local Ace Hardware. And they aren't seen when the stock is attached unlike the wood screws.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to see a side by side of a Vector assembled type 7 stock and one of these. Vector may have winged it too. If not, well it looks good enough for me. I dont care about the resale value.

Vector didn't assemble any of these stocks. The poly stocks they sold were imported fully assembled from Israel.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
"oil-soaked wood stocks from APEX"

I have one of these oil soaked stocks. Used the hardware on another wood blank I had. So far have drained enough oil out of the stock to change oil in my car twice.

It appears there will still be plenty of oil remaining for a few more oil changes.

I have the oil soaked stock sitting in Kitty Litter in the hot Florida sun trying to dry it out.

Try the dishwasher... seriously

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
Here is a perfect donor stock: look at the latch installation screws: https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/868472219

This one has the hardware type which doesn't have the spring loaded button...which is my preference to use on a F/A quick-release setup.

I have both styles of hardware and I think the L-Bracket with the threaded holes (and tightened from underneath) would make a better basis for a fixed stock for the S/A gun.

BWE actually makes an ingenious latch replacement for a F/A to S/A fixed stock conversion...it is kinda pricey for what it is, however.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
Vector didn't assemble any of these stocks. The poly stocks they sold were imported fully assembled from Israel.

Then why did Vector have a bunch of unsold poly stocks with no hardware? Assuming that's where USBS really got them

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
So I moved my hardware today. The Butt Plate fit with the hangover like all the previous pictures, The metal fit pretty good, but one of the inserts was kind of cross threaded and the screw would not go back in, I ran a 10-24 tap through the stock insert no problem and the screw went right trough easily. I know 10-24 is a bit oversized and I will get some new allen hex flat head bolts in 10-24 to replace the odd size metric. Lockup was tight and required no fitting.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter