Gauging Interest in Tungsten Slow Fire Bolts

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Just an FYI I doubt they mind you asking but these folks are top notch and if you don't hear any from them for a while it's because they're doing something.

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
We're working on it, but the progress is slow. A little back story - We were involved in the development, prototyping and betatesting of these bolts when Vegas SMG (God rest his soul) was working on this project. We had copies of drawings here in the shop, but upon close inspection of the drawings, we realized not all of the specs were listed and since we are a new customer for the manufacturer, we had to submit our own drawings/files for quoting. We did that a couple of months ago, but we need to make sure our files are correct before we order a bunch of bolts, so we are having a one-off sample bolt made - End back story. I guess we aren't a very big fish for the manufacturer and we kept getting pushed to the bottom of the stack. After a little squeaking of the wheel, we've finally been able to get a sample bolt on their schedule and we are expecting it to be finished in 4-6 weeks. Once it's in-house, we'll put it thru the paces to make sure our specs are correct. Once we know they are correct, we'll order the first run of bolts. As of now, the plan is to do 2 runs of 50-75 each. Once we place the first order, I'll start contacting those first folks for deposits.

CKxx

I'm excited to hear it's still moving, even slowly! Great news.

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
We have an exciting update. We just received our sample bolt. We assembled and test fired it and it ran like a champ right out of the box. See youtube.com video and photo below. Next week, I'll be contacting those on the wait list.

Vegas SMG, this mag dump is for you. Happy Father's Day Y'all.

t

PSWBolt.jpg

har1340

Wonder if the guys from Powder Springs had a bolt like this if they would have sold more M-11's back in the day?

Devilmoon

No doubt enough will sign on for at least one run.

Little known fact (pretty much zero known) there was a very final modification after the CFW-9mmA that had a dot instead of dash. A friend has one of them. Rare, it was a prototype of the latest revision that Tom never saw completed.

Tom didn’t make much money on these bolts. This was something he invested heavily, not for profit. It was similar to him buying pallets of Suomi drums when they became available and passing them to us at very reasonable cost.

With the rising cost of tungsten in relation to their asking price, and PS standing behind the result, this is a time to buy if you don’t have one, as they are situated to provide the best possible end-product. You can’t hope for a 2nd run as from what I’ve seen it’s not a simple eBay purchase, it’s a major gamble on their part. I hope the machine shop comes through without much hassle.
Interesting…both my bolts have the dot and not a dash.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Wonder if the guys from Powder Springs had a bolt like this if they would have sold more M-11's back in the day?
Most definitely

What’s that rpm? 7-900

They would have sold thousands more and been way more popular

Slowmo

We have an exciting update. We just received our sample bolt. We assembled and test fired it and it ran like a champ right out of the box. See youtube.com video and photo below. Next week, I'll be contacting those on the wait list.

Vegas SMG, this mag dump is for you. Happy Father's Day Y'all.

t

View attachment 38273
Has PS started contacting people on the list yet? I kept my eye on my inbox the last week but did not see anything. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss the email.

SecondAmend

As this "A" generation of tungsten bolt has had both .380 ACP and 9mm Parabellum applications, I suggest that rather than engrave "9mm" on the bolt, take a lesson from the history of the original M11 and the confusion such marking on the receivers caused. Either leave off the caliber marking, or engrave "MULTI CAL".
Or the engraving could just be not performed, (or effaced) with a nice dark finish applied as is typical on many firearms, e.g.:
jBuh0ZU.jpg

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

localizer11

Has PS started contacting people on the list yet? I kept my eye on my inbox the last week but did not see anything. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss the email.
I’m on the waitlist, but have not heard anything recently from PS.

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm sorry and disappointed to announce this project has stalled, for now. The fabricator of the bolts made us a beautiful sample bolt and I was awaiting current pricing to submit the Purchase Order and they came back to me to say they were unable to make the bolts for us. When I questioned them, the response I received is that they are too busy for a small project such as ours. They said they would be at least 6-8 months out and even then they were doubtful that they would be able to make them for us. We've looked into making the bolts in-house and it's not a realistic option for us. We'd have to re-tool and dedicate one of our machining centers exclusively to these bolts and the learning curve would be very expensive - so that's definitely not our first option. I have reached out to other manufacturers and I'm waiting to hear back from them. We are not yet giving up on this project, but I wanted to let everyone know that it's had a set back that may take some time to sort out.

And this is the nature of the manufacturing business in this post scamdemic era.

Stay tuned....t

Slowmo

I'm sorry and disappointed to announce this project has stalled, for now. The fabricator of the bolts made us a beautiful sample bolt and I was awaiting current pricing to submit the Purchase Order and they came back to me to say they were unable to make the bolts for us. When I questioned them, the response I received is that they are too busy for a small project such as ours. They said they would be at least 6-8 months out and even then they were doubtful that they would be able to make them for us. We've looked into making the bolts in-house and it's not a realistic option for us. We'd have to re-tool and dedicate one of our machining centers exclusively to these bolts and the learning curve would be very expensive - so that's definitely not our first option. I have reached out to other manufacturers and I'm waiting to hear back from them. We are not yet giving up on this project, but I wanted to let everyone know that it's had a set back that may take some time to sort out.

And this is the nature of the manufacturing business in this post scamdemic era.

Stay tuned....t
That is a shame, but I am glad to hear you are not giving up! Thank you for the update.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I hope that they find the time to work on it or that another can be found. Thanks for updating us.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter