I am back, and back on the 22lr upper. M11-33

Tobias Arms

Would love to try. Semi auto would be whole other bolt system, with the AR trigger system, etc. Not sure if it would work, but maybe.... need to get a semi auto (or print one!) First.

Cp33 mags are 24mm at the widest. Bit wider than an AR magwell.

GWP

you should make a pick rail and attach to the lower. And slide magwell on to hold it. with 2 or 3 cross bolt to lock it on.
and what type of filament is that looks like nylon?

Tobias Arms

Thanks, I have also been thinking of different ways to attach the upper to the lower magwell. still plenty of options to optimize that (and the mag catch mechanism). but for now, the goal of this prototype is to get it functional, not perfect.

Will optimize it closer to perfect after it works well. It is easy to get bogged down in perfecting details early on, but that just usually slows the project down. the connection is functional, that is what matters at this point in the design process.

Still have to finish the ejector design and then I can print the rest of the parts. after that, will start cutting some metal.

That material is protopasta High temp carbon fiber PLA. I looks very similar to carbon fiber nylon, but it is cheaper and easier to print, and super stiff. But some sort of more durable Nylon is planned for the final product.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
The average ROF of the old upper was consistenly under 700 RPM. That's very good. I look forward to watching a video of the 50 round mag dump.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Sure looks nice. I wish you the best on this.

Tobias Arms

Sure looks nice. I wish you the best on this.
Thanks, Feedback is appreciated, both good and bad.

one downside of working by myself now is I have no one else to bounce ideas off of and give feedback. The wife is not into guns, and the kid only knows fortnite guns.

Tobias Arms

Currently using bolts with head turned down threaded into lower extension. There is an arm that slots around the sear axis too, to keep it from rotating.

Attachments

• 20231211_223524.jpg
    20231211_223524.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 72

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
We could have a zoom call for q&a!
Thanks, Feedback is appreciated, both good and bad.

one downside of working by myself now is I have no one else to bounce ideas off of and give feedback. The wife is not into guns, and the kid only knows fortnite guns.

Last edited:

bruh44

I remember this from years ago. I have an M16 with a 22 upper. If this took black dog 22 mags or 10/22 mags and was reasonably priced, I’d be in for one.

pjm204

I remember this from years ago. I have an M16 with a 22 upper. If this took black dog 22 mags or 10/22 mags and was reasonably priced, I’d be in for one.
I'm pretty sure he's using the CP-33 mags because he worked at Kel-Tec for a long time and designed the mags. I could be wrong but I don't know that he wants to switch to a different mag.

Tobias Arms

Since you're not going to produce the BDM version, would you mind posting pictures of the guts? I would love to make my own. It would be a nice addition to my subcal kit.
I was thinking of doing this, and will sometime. Might even get it working again first.

been distracted with a 9mm project that is almost done (not MAC related, at least not yet).

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter