3d Printed Drum Loading Stand

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I don’t have a 3D printer or know anyone who does. PM sent.

Uncle Billy

that's nice, I have a MP5 and a PPS43 drum this will make winding the spring much easier, since I had to pretension the spring to 4 complete revolutions. so off to HOME DEPOT I'll go and make my own :)

19Steve67

Just to let anyone following this post know I received my drum winders and the drum stand from doobis
and the winders work very well and fit Suomi drum inner winder with no play. I ordered 3 of the drum
winders as I wanted 1 drum winder for each of my subguns. The drum stand is so nice I leave it out with
a suomi drum mounted in the stand just to display the suomi drum and the stand. You won't go wrong
ordering the winder or the stand from doobis.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
So I got a 3d printer for Christmas! God I love my wife! I only have a 1kg spool, is that enough to print this?

Doobis

Oh yes that’s plenty to print one stand. I print mine with 20% infill no supports.

The more stuff you print though it won’t take long to realize how horribly inefficient the design is lol. Glad everyone is enjoying it though.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
So I got a 3d printer for Christmas! God I love my wife! I only have a 1kg spool, is that enough to print this?
With 3d printers your slicer is your best friend learn it well. Cura will display the amount of time and the amount of filament your print will take (based upon your settings) in the lower right side of the window. It will even show the cost of the material if you input the amount you paid for the filament.

stevo

Y’all really need winders for the drums? I remember when Vector had them, but to me it’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. I’ve NEVER had an issue winding my drums by hand. Have others had problems, which brought winders to fruition?

19Steve67

Y’all really need winders for the drums? I remember when Vector had them, but to me it’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. I’ve NEVER had an issue winding my drums by hand. Have others had problems, which brought winders to fruition?
I didn't need a winder either when I was YOUNGER.
At 71 years of age and working with my hands in
various industrial jobs for 50+ years my hands
NEED ALL OF THE HELP they can get and I
really appreciate doobis for making the winders
for me as they definitely help when loading the
various drums I have for my various subguns.
So yes the winder is a SOLUTION FOR A PROBLEM
THAT DOES EXIST. But, if you don't live a long life
then I guess it won't be a problem.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
What has “need” got to do with anything in the NFA world? I have not used a winder in the past but I have an old vector that I got somewhere. I got one of these stands and winders because I wanted it. Not sure if the stand and winder will be easier than the way I have been loading drums. But I will give it a try. Some day my grand sons will have to figure out what all these accessories are for and they will probably be cursing me for not labeling stuff better.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Ok I've printed half a dozen things so far, and I'm ready to print the stand tonight. Doobis we should start a Mac 3d printing discord / WhatsApp thread. Are you on WhatsApp?

Doobis

I just downloaded whatsapp to give it a spin. I am not thrilled about storing my uploads on thingiverse. I dont think that platform is firearms friendly. My stuff is small enough to stay under the radar but all it would take is for someone butt hurt enough to tag things as firearms related and its gone.

I think there may already be some platforms out there host what you are suggesting like Ctrl+Pew

I still need to print myself a mac daddy considering I already have most the parts.

Uncle Billy

I went to MENARDS and bought a 3 inch inside pipe drain, for a couple of bucks, which is a perfect fit over the spring housing, cut slots in it and now it's breeze to wind the spring since I had to tension spring 6 complete revolution to bring the rounds up the MP feed tower

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter