Search results

1. Noah Zark

The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

Even though I've disposed of my Uzis, I just ordered a copy for my reference library. This fills a longstanding hole in the literature, Dave; congratulations and thank you! (Ironic that this is my 1776th post, on 4 July 17.) Noah
  2. Noah Zark

What kind of sling for S&W 76?

M1 Carbine and Uzi slings work great on the 76. Noah
  3. Noah Zark

SLIDEFIIRE STOCK

OK guys, a concern has been raised regarding the safety of the Slidefire stock, which IMO is merely restating an old concern about the safety of bumpfiring in general. Others have pointed out that factors (design features, lack of Kaboom posts on the Interwebz) seem to indicate that the...
  4. Noah Zark

.25cal ACP Uzi Model B Stamping/Moldings

Some assembly required, I see. What scale would these be? Cool factor would be off the charts, but the cost of 25ACP ammo might be a show stopper. Noah
  5. Noah Zark

Welcome back!

Amazing what a coat of paint and new drapes will do for a place! Noah
  6. Noah Zark

parkerizing tommorrow--- have a question

^^^ This. When parts are heat treated, phosphating results will be spotty reflecting heat patterns in the parts. Sometimes grit blasting will remove residual oxide and the phosphate will "take" more uniformly, many times not. Sometimes acid pickling in hydrochloric acid or a blend of...
  7. Noah Zark

Rossi Ranch Hand

I handled a Rossi Ranch Hand in 45 Colt at a recent gun show, and while I admit the thing is really cool, I question its practicality. The straight grip requires one's wrist to be cocked at an uncomfortable angle, and its weight is not conducive to (much) one-handed shooting. I suppose if one...
  8. Noah Zark

.45-70 mild smokeless for trapdoor

I have H&R replica trapdoors and use 12.5 to 13 gr Unique under 350s, 400s, and even 525 gr Lyman Postell bullets. Very accurate. No. It means they didn't test the powder, or don't want to list it. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. Great advice for loading that you gave, capping the charged...
  9. Noah Zark

The reason I am going to give up subgunning!!!

She's not a subgunner; she's a musician with unconventional instruments. Well done! Noah
  10. Noah Zark

Anyone have a buyer fail to apply for the transfer?

"Nut" raises a good point. In any contract, there must be a meeting of the minds on the item and price, and a time by which the terms of the contract must be executed by both parties. That said, remember that verbal contracts are not worth the paper they aren't written on. The following is a...
  11. Noah Zark

SAR on gunbroker that will make you drool

>$10K for a Pre-May? I know they can be keepers when the music stops, but that's a bit much for P-M non-transferable, IMO. Noah
  12. Noah Zark

updated photo of 4 full autos

Very nice, well-rounded collection. Needs a S&W 76, though . . . Noah
  13. Noah Zark

S&W 76 vs MK760

Smith & Wesson made the S&W 76, and the MK760 is a clone that was made by three or four incarnations of the same company. MK760s can be made to shoot, but individual examples are hit or miss. Noah
  14. Noah Zark

full autos and cops

Never had the police show up, but on two different occasions "concerned citizens" and one wildlife conservation officer came up to me at the range: 1) Two hunters walked out of the woods close to dark, got a little in my face and demanded to see my "Class III License." I have all my Forms 1...
  15. Noah Zark

Had Form 4 "interview" today with local police chief

One reason for owning a can: It's quieter at the range and doesn't bother other shooters or range neighbors or attract as much attention. My own "incompetent CLEO" story: When I went to the sheriff for my first NFA sign-off here, he told me that citizens cannot legally own an MG in PA. He...
  16. Noah Zark

Sterling Rate of Fire Question

My Mk4's cyclic rate is 540 RPM. I've fired two others that are in the 550-580 RPM range. I don't know the recoil spring force spec, sorry. There are two springs used in each Sterling. Noah
  17. Noah Zark

SAR East - How was it?

This is Pennsylvania. Enough said. ;) :D Noah
  18. Noah Zark

SAR East - How was it?

NOTHING. I was there all Friday afternoon, and it was a bit of a letdown. LOTS of "junk" -- wood carvings, jewelry, SCORES of cheap Chinese knife dealers, wonder metal protectants, what have you. A surprisingly small number of plain gun dealers, but not so surprising when the table fee is...
  19. Noah Zark

Needs advice please.

According to the regs, the transferror is to transfer the NFA item "as soon as possible" following approval of the respective transfer form, or words to that effect. You could remind him of that, and give him a week to comply saying that unless you get a registered mail package in (X) days, you...
  20. Noah Zark

CZ-82 opinions please.

I bought two of them, but sold one because I hardly ever shot them. I have medium-sized hands the the CZ82's trigger is pretty wide, and it pinches the pad of my index finger between the trigger and frame. The SA pulls are great. The DA pulls are so-so -- not heavy, but crept about 3/4 of a...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter