SLIDEFIIRE STOCK

JohnDF

....You need to give this a rest. It won't happen. ....

Like I said I don't care what you do, just don't take what I say out of context. If YOU can't understand, than don't tell Me what I understand and don't. Can you simply be adult enough to agree that there is more than one side to a pancake!(one side might be sweet and pretty and the other side ugly and burned...It is usually served with the Ugly side down). I didn't keep this up, Others here decided that I was against something. I didn't.

Excuse Me, PLEASE! I am probably wrong about anything going wrong with this or any other attempts to make a machine type gun, without a safety sear. I probably shouldn't have brought anything up! I just wanted to share a bit of my knowledge of firearms and especialy if the weapon has non mil-spec parts.
I will quit this site. I don't want to be a part of anything where 'grown-ups' can't openly discuss something.
Are you getting a 'kick-back' or a free toy for your arguments or is it just your true feelings?
I have no Ill or hard feelings against you. I even forgive you for any hatefull things you may say.
I pray all the Best wishes and ALL the fun everyone can handle, God Loves You (JOHN 3:16), Take care My Friend, -John

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
OK guys, a concern has been raised regarding the safety of the Slidefire stock, which IMO is merely restating an old concern about the safety of bumpfiring in general.

Others have pointed out that factors (design features, lack of Kaboom posts on the Interwebz) seem to indicate that the Slidefire and bumpfiring are safe.

Well-meaning points were made, and all well taken. It seems to me that nothing more substantial has been put forth w.r.t. safety and that discussion is only going round and round. I draw a parallel with my personal concern with the safety of driving a vehicle with design features that create vision "dead spots" -- Mustang, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Venza, etc. IMO, a person asks for trouble when purchasing a vehicle with dead spots; it's a fender-bender waiting to happen. If a person I know is considering purchase of such a vehicle, I ask if they have sat in the vehicle and thought about the dead spots. After that, my conscience is clear. But ultimately the decision is up to the buyer, and so are the consequences.

Let's just proceed with this thread discussing the Slidefire in its incarnations, and forum member experience therewith; there's no need for anyone to quit the forum.

Thank you!

Noah

billphoto

I agree HotBrass. The stock seems very well built AND thanks to Maxwell at NFA Arms for rapid delivery. Happy New Year!

savannah-man

I purchased first generation slide fire for a few months now. The only problem was that it didn't work well with my trigger job. It runs like a champ with heavy factory trigger though. I have ran everything from brass to steel and they all work great with slide fire

USSarizona

For all those that are going to order an SSAR15 stock and haven't yet. Order from here(http://fostechoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=fostech-outdoor-llc&pc=13011) and mention my name and I can $10 in store credit for each order. Thanks.

Now we know why he won't stop jock'n everyone to buy one.

It was great. It was that easy and it was fun and put a smile on my face for sure. If you're thinking of getting one don't wait just do it. You won't be sorry.

I took off the flash hider and it was awsome at nite.

You guys won't regret it. Call Mike and tell him Chuck sent you. I've delt with him for mine he's a nice guy.

Is the group buy going to happen or did something go wrong?

You won't be sorry you got one have fun.

Thanks Chuck

piratesover40

UZI Talk Life Member
No I bought mine right from Mike at slidefire. I just happen to find their referral program at Fostech outdoors and thought I'd ask. But if you think I'd scam anyone here then there is nothing I can do about that. Sorry if you think that of me. I still believe in and recommend this product. Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Z

UZI Talk Life Member
Hey guys, I just noticed the thread. Jerimiah, the owner of SlideFire is an industry friend of mine. If you can all post an "I'll Take One" so I know the real number (Please don't post anything if you are not sure) I will ask him about taking care of my extended UziTalk Family! :) Maybe even some special engraving, who knows.....

Jeff Z

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
I appreciate your involvement Jeff.

I think the majority of posters in this thread are interested in knowing if a price break is possible with a group buy, what the required quantity would be for such a buy, and finally, knowing the total shipped price of the stock. I'm also interested in knowing if we can opt for the newer style AR-15 stock and the price on it.

If I knew up front what the cost would be, I'd have no problem committing to the purchase of one or maybe two. I'm thinking my transferable gun could stay safe and sound at home while I beat on a Slidefire and cheap title one receiver.

Depending on the final shipped price, I'm in. Many thanks for taking the lead on this.

billsail

UZI Talk Life Member
Hey Jeff,

If they are the newer style AR-15 style and shipped for a reasonable price I would be interested in one.

Thanks,

Bill

H

hotbrass

I took the slidefire out today and unfortunately we shot my AMP-10 first and time was running out. The slidefire takes some time to get used to. After shooting a real machine gun, it was difficult to adjust to the slidefire and hold on target. I will take it out again and give it a fair evaluation when I have more time.

sillycon

I took the slidefire out today and unfortunately we shot my AMP-10 first and time was running out. The slidefire takes some time to get used to. After shooting a real machine gun, it was difficult to adjust to the slidefire and hold on target. I will take it out again and give it a fair evaluation when I have more time.

For me the slide-fire is only really easily controlled when doing a full magdump; it takes me maybe 7rds to get the "feel" for the gun jumping around, but after that it's quite easy to keep it on a single spot on the target. Shorter bursts are tough for me to keep perfectly on target though.

It's fun, but definitely a different experience than a real MG.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter