Recent content by SSBiggun

1. SSBiggun

Another 'what is this?' Weird 80's vintage stock

I remember those from way back. The Maxi-14 actually had a bit part in the B movie :Warlords of the 21st centuary
  2. SSBiggun

recommended options for re-bbl AC556F

I ran another 80 rds yesterday IN 4 20rd mags without a hiccup using PMC 55gr. using the mini 184 ser bolt. looks like its an ejector issue.
  3. SSBiggun

So I went out shooting yesterday and here is what its doing. Most all shooting was done with factory Ruger 20 and 30 rd mags. 1st mag had 1 FTE with new round partially stripped but case didnt eject fully. Cleared it and ran rest of mag no issue. second mag ran with no issue. 3rd mag jammed...
  4. SSBiggun

No 22lr's. Brother never had a kit. I did the Capt Monty Mendenhall with the 1/8 & 1/16 drill bit and other than the gas pipe being a little cruddy on the outside the gas system was open. Unfortunately my truck is getting repaired so I haven't been able to head out to the desert to thoroughly...
  5. SSBiggun

So I followed this thread http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?91830-Reliability-problem-with-AC556F&daysprune=365 hoping to pick up some info. I inherited this AC556 when my brother passed in 2009. It was never really reliable enough being one of the former Ohio state PD guns from Leo...
  6. SSBiggun

Numerous FTF, FTE's all with factory Ruger 20 & 30 rd mags
  7. SSBiggun

Since I don't think Ruger is an option anymore. Who would my fellow RKI's recommend?
  8. SSBiggun

Robinson M96

on the list for BREN kit & spare bolt /firing pin.
  9. SSBiggun

What's the nastiest gun you've ever had the (dis)pleasure of firing?

I found my buddies No.V Jungle Carbine to be very unpleasant. way worse than a normal SMLE. Another +1 for the 500 Smith. I own 1 and haven't found a decent recipe for down loading it.
  10. SSBiggun

Remington 870 TAC14

All this talk got me interested. I had a Mossberg cruiser pg back in the 80's and didn't care for it much once the novelty wore off. well I picked up a tac 14 yesterday for 400 + change. only complaint after going through it is ' no rem choke bbl.
  11. SSBiggun

Picked up a Vector underfolder

I made a deal and got me a slightly used Vector Underfolder. Pretty pleased to find one in such good shape.
  12. SSBiggun

My AC-556 is officially a "project gun"

I was shooting PMC 55's and had several double feeds and even live round' s ejected. I thought maybe magazine. it happened to 2 different factory Ruger 30's. the bolt would catch with the live round base above the bolt and the bullet nose part way in the chamber. I just replaced the operating...
  13. SSBiggun

Ares Defence Systems Ares - 16 AMG-2 in testing by U.S. Army

I only use the AAC . I have tried a dozen different set up's/ C,H, H2, H3, I even have the LMG hydro with cut down MG-34 spring. Shrike isn't the only upper I run and the AAC Ares spring works really well with my 9mm set up too. Its a Colt buffer tube And I have enough room to not run the...
  14. SSBiggun

Yea, my knuckleheaded shootin buddies..
  15. SSBiggun

\ That is my 9 year wait ARES shrike on my Colt M-16A1 lower with Tom Cassidy untight saw box. with ARES spring and AAC rate buffer

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter