UZI barrel nut to hub thread

Heavy Gear

UZI Talk Supporter
Sweet!! think I'd buy least two of that adapter if/when it's available.
Question, would it fit my Gemtech mk-9k if I pull the 3-lug adapter off?

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
No. MK9K is a totally different thread than hub....it is clear to see the difference in the picture where I posted them side by side....which is why I was saying someone should make an MK9K mount with female hub threads.
Again, if you have an UZI and an MK9K, I think the best mount is the one that Gemtech made a limited run of which I have pictured on the first page of this thread.
Here is another picture on my site:
UZI-Suppressor-1024x775.png

Last edited:

Kramer

My MK9K has the Uzi nut mount and I bought it for my mini Uzi. Great can.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
CT9KS with Micro rear cap from CT.
This end cap has a large internal thread that takes adapters. They were willing to make an adapter for the mini/full size that fits this cap so I could move it from the Micro to my full size. Found a NIB AWC MK9 with an UZI end cap so went that route for my full size.
The adapter could have been shorter, but I wanted the picatinny to clear the adapter for a vertical grip.The adapter has the serrated face.

Attachments

• Micro.jpg
    Micro.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

CKxx

Then we just need GSL or Curtis Tactical to make a female HUB mount for the MK9K / GSL Phoenix / CT9KS for all the UZI owners that want a compact barrel nut setup.

That would be a phenomenal combo--MK9K/Phoenix nut mount & a barrel of appropriate length. (or service to cut one to the correct length.)

Remo Williams 1

Then we just need GSL or Curtis Tactical to make a female HUB mount for the MK9K / GSL Phoenix / CT9KS for all the UZI owners that want a compact barrel nut setup.
I’d definitely get one. Have a barrel sitting at a business the last 3+ months waiting to get 3 lugged, but would prefer a mount to the barrel nut threads.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
That would be a phenomenal combo--MK9K/Phoenix nut mount & a barrel of appropriate length. (or service to cut one to the correct length.)
I may be able to do a few of these....
As I mentioned in the link above, below is a picture of some work I recently did.
This IMI barrel was already threaded so I made that adapter. If the barrel wasn't already threaded, I would just cut it down on the lathe instead of making the adapter.
Also, I noted in the AR15.com thread that the factory IMI Mini UZI compensated barrels have an OD of .620, full size UZI barrels are like .625 and the Gemtech MK9K rear mount ID is .6335"

thread-protector1.jpg

CKxx

Very interested.

I have a Phoenix, and spare barrels!

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Very interested.

I have a Phoenix, and spare barrels!
Email me directly and let me know what barrels you have and what you want done. As I mentioned above, I want to make sure they have the proper OD.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
FYI on CT9KS. Joe made me a hub threaded end cap and a MicroUzi barrel nut to HUB adapter. I'm not sure if Joe is still doing these since Shaw Armament acquired Curtis Tactical.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
FYI on CT9KS. Joe made me a hub threaded end cap and a MicroUzi barrel nut to HUB adapter. I'm not sure if Joe is still doing these since Shaw Armament acquired Curtis Tactical.
Did Joe make a new barrel nut with teeth or press in a factory IMI barrel nut?
I corresponded with him a few weeks ago and it sounded like he is taking on custom work at Shaw now.

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
Not to hijack this thread but I have something at Shaw now that Joe is doing for me. He is taking custom work. I called and spoke to him directly. I will update as soon as my work returns and with some things that he will be doing soon.

I am still interested in one of these adapters too.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
Did Joe make a new barrel nut with teeth or press in a factory IMI barrel nut?
I corresponded with him a few weeks ago and it sounded like he is taking on custom work at Shaw now.
He made a machined the "nut" with teeth. The two endcaps are SilencerCo Alpha (1.125x28) & Bravo/Hub.
IMG-9382.jpg
IMG-9377.jpgIMG-9376.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Joe does awesome work...very nice! Not sure if I'm looking at that right but it appears the Micro mount doesn't thread direct into the first spacer...I personally would have preferred that.
Your stuff looks too clean and you need to shoot it more :)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter