The UltiMac, a modular Mac upper.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
No M11A1 update....?
tenor.gif

challenger70rt

Can confirm on both counts.

Anyone who has not shot MGs or partied with RHouston8 should put that on their bucket list.
It is equally fun, loud, expensive, and disturbing in the most unnatural of ways. :lol
(Never, ever, ever get into a contest of examples of degeneracy or moral turpitude with someone who works in the medical field.
It is a race to the bottom and you will wind up wishing you'd been born deaf and blind. :eek )

..I saw things I could never unsee. And LOVED them! I suppose BEING a degenerate helps. =D.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
An update of sorts.....

I have been focusing on three things lately:

1. Getting my 07/02 so I can submit updated designs of the Ultimac (and other related things) to the ATF.
I got my 07 on the 1st of March after much haranguing and hassle with the city. Special thanks to the BATFE IOI who was absolutely awesome to work with and incredibly patient and helpful.

2. Updating the sear catch mechanism
The new sear catch mechanism:
-Absolutely guarantees that the upper cannot fire unless it is attached to
a registered M10 lower.
-Functions as an open bolt system, but can function as a closed bolt
system "on the fly".
-Cannot be defeated by rubber bands, shoestrings, zip ties, or other
similar means. In order to defeat it and make the upper fire without a
registered lower attached, you would have to machine multiple parts,
weld them together, and attach them to the upper.

3. Getting quotes from large machine shops for large-ish scale production of the Ultimac10 and all the associated parts.

The wait will be worth it. :thumbs_up

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for the update, appreciate all the work your going through to get this done. We're still hanging in there. :)

mikillium

An update of sorts.....

I have been focusing on three things lately:

1. Getting my 07/02 so I can submit updated designs of the Ultimac (and other related things) to the ATF.
I got my 07 on the 1st of March after much haranguing and hassle with the city. Special thanks to the BATFE IOI who was absolutely awesome to work with and incredibly patient and helpful.

2. Updating the sear catch mechanism
The new sear catch mechanism:
-Absolutely guarantees that the upper cannot fire unless it is attached to
a registered M10 lower.
-Functions as an open bolt system, but can function as a closed bolt
system "on the fly".
-Cannot be defeated by rubber bands, shoestrings, zip ties, or other
similar means. In order to defeat it and make the upper fire without a
registered lower attached, you would have to machine multiple parts,
weld them together, and attach them to the upper.

3. Getting quotes from large machine shops for large-ish scale production of the Ultimac10 and all the associated parts.

The wait will be worth it. :thumbs_up

I work at a small town machine shop about an hour or more north of you on the river. Millions of dollars of high speed new CNC equipment here. All the ANSI, AS9100 certs and shit. Shoot me an email if you’d like me to put you in contact with the boss man. I’ve been here awhile and don’t mind talking with him. We have the equipment here to do anything you could ever need and more. Small orders or very large we can handle it. May cut costs over a big shop. Shoot me an email If interested brother.

Dropsith

Congrats on the FFL!

Very excited to hear that you are getting closer to release, too. Sounds like all the work and time you put into this will be paying off in the next few months! Can't wait to shoot one of these!

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
All critical steps- great job!! Happy to see the 10s get this. Eager to also see for the 11.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
I work at a small town machine shop about an hour or more north of you on the river. Millions of dollars of high speed new CNC equipment here. All the ANSI, AS9100 certs and shit. Shoot me an email if you’d like me to put you in contact with the boss man. I’ve been here awhile and don’t mind talking with him. We have the equipment here to do anything you could ever need and more. Small orders or very large we can handle it. May cut costs over a big shop. Shoot me an email If interested brother.

Sent drawings over today.
Hopefully y'all can come up with a quote that works for both of us.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
Did it work out?

For whatever reason, the owner of the shop was not interested in quoting or producing the parts.

I have contacted a couple of other shops but my progress right now is very limited due to some physical limitations on my part.

Deerhurst

For whatever reason, the owner of the shop was not interested in quoting or producing the parts.

I have contacted a couple of other shops but my progress right now is very limited due to some physical limitations on my part.

PM me. I might have a couple ideas. I have a few shops I regularly work with including one in particular that would be tickled to death to make parts for NFA toys. He is a one man operation and active duty NG but does great work and his shop rate is really good.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter