Shimming between M10 and Lage stock?

Slowmo

Has anyone found a good way to shim between a Lage stock and the backplate of an M10? I’ve got basic hand tools and power tools, but nothing like a milling machine.

What I’m seeing is that when I pull the gun in tight by the grip and VFG, the gun wants to angle downwards and away from the stock, but the recoil impulse wants to push the gun upwards and towards the stock. I’d like to eliminate or minimize that play.

I’m contemplating take a sheet of plastic material to fit in there and epoxy to the stock if necessary. I’ve also considered trying to use something like a thermoset plastic that could be heated up and molded to fit between the two.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I had the same problem. I landed up finding some adhesive backed foam rubber about 3/16" thick* and cut a patch from it and stuck it to the stock. When attaching the stock to the gun I have to push a little harder than normal to compress the foam but it works pretty well, not perfect but well enough that I'm not looing for a fix though I would be open to a better idea.

*The thickness is somewhat immaterial because it also depends on the density of the foam. I don't know where I got it from. I'd suggest hobby or sewing stores.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Vegas SMG/Tom Wright showed me how to use velcro to keep the push button stock nice and stiff. It worked better than the layers of tape I'd been using to shim the stock to the back of the receiver.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter