Rugers

stimpy17

Timely question. I've been looking at a few(now understand that I haven't even gotten my grubby hands on my first auto...YET...but the Ruger seems to be a nicely priced rifle. It's the mag cost I think that's holding me up. I own a few mimis' and it's true that as they are now I'll never hit the black at 100. But at 50 the wife,well never mind,you guys know that story!Anyway,I was always concerned with the build-up of heat in the barrel. I don't want to think what would happen if one would dump 2-3 mags worth of ammo thru one.Any owners have thoughts on heat build-up?

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
I have an AC556K and can dump three 30's back to back with no problem. I don't do this all the time though as they do get quite 'warm' and I know it's limitations. These guns were not made for heavy-duty full auto fire and I treat it accordingly.
What I really like about the little Ruger is the availability of factory service if needed.

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
Just wear an oven mit :D I took 10 loaded mags to the range once and whent through them in bursts with no problem. I stoped on mag 6 because of a jam, but heat was not a problem. The wood stocks are great for handling the heat. Just don't touch the gas block.

Not trying to discurage you, but unless you used to watch The A-Team and say to yourself those are too cool you should get something else. Think for a minute what it is you would really like and get that. Don't get what you can afford, get what you want. You will still get the one you really want. It will just take longe if you settle for something else. Considering you allready have a Mini it might make you happy, but it didn't work for me.

stimpy17

There's just one techno question you guys have avoided-how do I get into the house?

stimpy17

B@ner

OK, I pulled one. This post should have landed in the thread below marked "Rugers".

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
stimpy17 said:
There's just one techno question you guys have avoided-how do I get into the house?

Could you refrase that question? I am not sure what you are asking.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Re: Rugers

Paul556 said:
Could you refrase that question? I am not sure what you are asking.

I believe he's referring to sneaking the gun past homeland security (i.e. the wife.)

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
Re: Re: Re: Rugers

RoverDave said:
I believe he's referring to sneaking the gun past homeland security (i.e. the wife.)

Oh! I get it. No problem. There are two options. One is you tell her that you really want it and it is cheaper that the Harley you have been eyeing, and least you don't go spend all your money in the bars like the guys at work who keep asking you to go, but you don't because you have your shooting hoby. The other is sell one of your Mini's and tell her you got the new one on an even trade. If you are carefull she may not even know the difference. I don't recomend that one though. Secrets are fatal to a happy marrage.

mguntony

FFL/SOT
I took care of the "complaining wife" problem when I started my business, Precision Defense Systems Inc. She was made VP and one of her first statements was, " I want an Uzi and an MP5". She is a happy camper and I can get what ever I want. I just finished a STen MK3 and she says "cute", SUB GUNS ARE NOT CUTE! Oh well, life is good.

Tony G:heavy

dchi

Glass bed any mini and groups will go down from 6-8" down to 2-3" at 100 yards. I didn't believe it until I tried it. Mine was 7" at 100 now shoots 3" or better at 100 yards. The Perfectunion thread has countless articles on how to make a mini shoot. They work too.

stimpy17

Well I guess I had to find out for myself and I bought one! So now we play "The Waiting Game" Many thanks for those who replied with the good tips.

mkm

My observation of the heat issue with my 556 is that because the bbl is almost totally enclosed that it holds heat more than other mgs. My M16A1 with pencil bbl or the FNC(has a thin bbl also) don't get near as hot as the 556 does. If you're worried about mags, PMIs work 100% in mine and cost 30-40 bucks. If the AC is not "sexy" enough, consider the FNC, they can be had for not much more money. My wife maintains her sense of humor about my addiction, but I don't ask "permission", I ask "forgiveness". So far, so good!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter