New aluminum 11/9 OEM size upper

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Just saw this on Reddit from a company called JC Arms. I have inquired about the dimensions, hoping they are SWD spec. I also inquired about getting the upper separate from the bolt and will update on both counts if I get a response. They say follow them on twitter for updates.

Some details I gathered
  • The trunnion is 6061, the sheet metal is 5052.
  • They are AC Tig welding the trunnion in
Fs9l1qpWAAIcFPu

Last edited:

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
The bolt should largely be riding on the spring guide rod with a little help from the ejector rod but it can also rub against the receiver tube as well just not with a lot of force. It's probably fine but why not use steel? The weight savings isn't worth mentioning even if you were a parachuting commando going deep into enemy territory (with a MAC????). Probably just something to get buyers excited about being separated from their money. Maybe they will offer weird colors later which is easier with aluminum.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
The bolt should largely be riding on the spring guide rod with a little help from the ejector rod but it can also rub against the receiver tube as well just not with a lot of force. It's probably fine but why not use steel? The weight savings isn't worth mentioning even if you were a parachuting commando going deep into enemy territory (with a MAC????). Probably just something to get buyers excited about being separated from their money. Maybe they will offer weird colors later which is easier with aluminum.
I thought about why. I think it is because there are a lot of new 3d printed Mac lower designs that are coming out that are designed to work with vmac uppers, and the vmac uppers are never in stock.

pjm204

I thought about why. I think it is because there are a lot of new 3d printed Mac lower designs that are coming out that are designed to work with vmac uppers, and the vmac uppers are never in stock.
Definitely why they're making them. They even show their upper in a 3d printed lower on the site.

GWP

Most 3d mac lower use ar15 parts
And are semi auto. And will take vac uppers
and take Glock mag, and the sten straight and curved .

Attachments

• 20230422_135539.jpg
    20230422_135539.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 21

Galil#1

All these little sexy ish mix & match possible SBR semi auto jobs... Poison Sumac that takes Suomi drums SBR'ed can be ultimate for a semi auto IMHO. Please show them if you got them, a complete rig... not all the little bits and pieces ha!

GWP

No sbr, just pistols the brace on the sten was removed.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
From what I've heard , VMAC uppers don't fit MAC, RPB and SWD lowers. If that's not true, someone needs verify..
I’m not sure, I do know that the VMAC-9 M11/9 clone has a slightly wider lower receiver so it’s possible that the uppers don’t fit a normal lower. I believe the M10 version is normal MAC/Cobray spec.

GWP

I am working on a new one now I am like it the best little smaller
Easy to print.

Attachments

• 20230426_052259.jpg
    20230426_052259.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter