Mac grenade

hfoster223

For me, this post turned from serious/interesting to humorous/lmao. I think #1 is to not blow yourself up or your gun, use your head, don't stick your finger in the end of a loaded weapon, etc.

I'm seriously considering sacrificing one of my M11 barrels to a 6.4grn load of Titegroup 147grn, (controlled safe enviroment) ( no expensive lower attached) and see if it blows the barrel up.

My only reservation is, would this be considered a pipe bomb by whoever and if I post pictures, would I be liable for something I'm not aware of??.

bac0nfat

For me, this post turned from serious/interesting to humorous/lmao. I think #1 is to not blow yourself up or your gun, use your head, don't stick your finger in the end of a loaded weapon, etc.

I'm seriously considering sacrificing one of my M11 barrels to a 6.4grn load of Titegroup 147grn, (controlled safe enviroment) ( no expensive lower attached) and see if it blows the barrel up.

My only reservation is, would this be considered a pipe bomb by whoever and if I post pictures, would I be liable for something I'm not aware of??.

You want to intentionally blow up a firearm and you're asking for advice from a bunch of strangers on the internet?

hfoster223

not a firearm, just a barrel in a controlled/safe enviroment to see if a double load of Titegroup would give similar results.

hfoster223

Good point, but, it would only be a firearm for about 30 seconds, then it would be shrapnel .

OK, will a double shot of Titegroup (without a squib) blow a barrel, anybody, anybody?

ctbreitwieser

I don't even know what to guess, but I gonna say no, and hope you prove me wrong. Either way, get it on video.

ChuckB

I'll add it is perfectly legal federally to make your own firearm. Just don't make it a m/g.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
It is legal for a non-licensed person to make a firearm for their own use (not intended for resale). Finding pressure limits on a conventional firearm barrel to determine integrity levels without plugging the forward end is simply research.

bac0nfat

I wasn't suggesting that any of it was illegal, just correcting him when he said it's "not a firearm."

Anyway, be safe.

UZI SBR AWC

Ok,, I just had to check the "double" theory... 7gr of Titegroup in a R-P 9mm Luger case leaves just enough room to comfortably set a 115gr (visual of powder level)..

I have a box of SPEER 147 Gold Dots, and likely to set a 147 in the case with that much powder,, the press handle wold likely get real firm trying to mash bullet into case.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter