M10/9 mag jackpot

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
Snowed in and homebound for a few days and clearing out junk. Went through a box and found these. Apparently bought in 1999. I kinda remembered buying these, but apparently I forgot about them. Cant wait to try them out in better weather20240114_092253.jpg

Last edited:

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi All,

IIRC, that is a box of 5 magazines :)

K2
Yeah I think that is a 5 , I thought it was a 3. I’ve seen these boxes but I can’t recall. I second MAC MAN above and hope he doesn’t open the box honestly. Not a lot of original sealed MAC stuff out there anymore

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
Please don't open that box.
I have a collection of Mac stuff but I am not a collector. I am a shooter.

If I never open the box, after I pass away one day someone will be opening that box and throwing those mags in a pile with other mags, and shooting them. I know this from seeing it happen to collectors.

I had a buddy that had a large collection of unfired collectable firearms. They were collectable only because they had been banned from import, not because they were superior grade. Guns like semi poly-tech AK's, early Steyr Maadi's, etc. Every gun had original box and accessories.
One day he died. Within a couple of days after his funeral his son went to his house and unboxed everything, literally tossed all the rifles in a stack into the bed of his truck and took them to the woods and shot them. After that he immediately after took them all to one of our LGS and sold them as a lot for a little over a $1000. No boxes, no accessories, and plenty of carbon fouling all over the guns his dad had spent years loving and collecting. And he sold them for literally pennies on the dollar of what they were worth.

I learned a life lesson from that event. My friend was a collector, and his son was a shooter. Both got enjoyment out of who they were and what they did.

One of the actual values in life is doing what you love.

And I am a shooter.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I like the end of the clip where he says " I'll take a dozen mags... and two of them drums." That scene is better than the terminator in the gunshop.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member

If I never open the box, after I pass away one day someone will be opening that box and throwing those mags in a pile with other mags, and shooting them. I know this from seeing it happen to collectors.

I had a buddy that had a large collection of unfired collectable firearms. They were collectable only because they had been banned from import, not because they were superior grade. Guns like semi poly-tech AK's, early Steyr Maadi's, etc. Every gun had original box and accessories.
One day he died. Within a couple of days after his funeral his son went to his house and unboxed everything, literally tossed all the rifles in a stack into the bed of his truck and took them to the woods and shot them. After that he immediately after took them all to one of our LGS and sold them as a lot for a little over a $1000. No boxes, no accessories, and plenty of carbon fouling all over the guns his dad had spent years loving and collecting. And he sold them for literally pennies on the dollar of what they were worth.

I learned a life lesson from that event. My friend was a collector, and his son was a shooter. Both got enjoyment out of who they were and what they did.

And I am a shooter.
I mean if you are just a shooter then maybe sell the sealed box of original collectible MAC walther mags to a collector who will appreciate them and properly store and document them, and just shoot with some magazines that have already been opened? Theres plenty of original walther mags out there. I have one available right now myself listed on GB and there have been numerous others in recent weeks. The brand new inexpensive magazines made by the new “RPB industries” also work really well, built on the same tooling as the original RPB magazines. Though I suppose if you really wanna open the box and shoot with those magazines, then they are yours to do what you please, but there are certainly plenty of other magazine options out there that are totally adequate just for the purpose of shooting, and you wouldn’t have to open what could possibly be one of the last sealed boxes of original MAC magazines still in existence. Just a thought.

Deerhurst

IMHO, I'd shoot them if I needed more mags to use. I collect but I also don't sell. I don't care about value of an item. Especially since I can't take it with me when I die.

Between my dad and I we have literal piles of unusual, rare or expensive magazines. Think stuff like Valmet M76 mags. We shoot with them. We enjoy them. We don't abuse them. We have absolutely zero intentions on ever selling them while we are alive. The value means nothing to use. Having good gear that works well and is in good shape means everything to us.

If I needed more mags to use I'd use them. If not, I'd just put them back on the shelf. This is also why I have buckets of magazines. I have nearly 100 mags to use with my Mac. I see them for a good deal so I buy them.

Galil#1

Trade the unopened box of 5 to someone for 10 not in a box. If no one takes that deal, then use em like they were meant to be. I too am a shooter… nib to me just means untested and may or may not even work…
BINGO!

Would you keep a case of Trojan condoms just because they are mint chocolate chip mango flavored ultra He-Man sized?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm a shooter 1st a collector 2nd.

I have and shoot stuff that would make some weep.

I seem to remember you Blackbelt posting pix of that box about 10 years or so ago when you got it.
Then a few other members postex pix of their NIB mags.
The box is what's worth 5 bux.

Here is how I look at it.
Like owning a new car .....
You gonna buy a car and not drive it?

Or a hot wife.....
You gonna marry a hot wife and not have kids?

Sad news is all you are doing is saving it for someone else to drive or bang down the road.
Use 'em but don't abuse 'em that's all. And save the box.
It's only stuff all replacable and not required to live life.

I burned my polytec sidefolder box in the woodstove 1989 jumped up and down on it crammed it in ran out back and shot the rifle.
I still shoot that gun.
Tossed the Sionics two stage box in the trash in 2010 still shoot the can.
It was roached and unmarked the label had fallen off many years ago and was not included.
I've got blackpowder colt pistols I shoot. Not repops real colts.
And a whole slew or other things I could go on about.

Deerhurst

I'm with root. I shoot everything. I have stuff that parts are so rare a magazine is worth more than twice the rifle or I had to make the parts to get it running because they were made by some Czech guy during the Comblock era and spares never made it to the US. Those are the guns I enjoy shooting and sharing the most. People will never be able to experience them unless I offer it. You should see the face of someone that shoots their Grail gun from their favorite movie or video games. Worth it. Even the fudds seem to enjoy when I bring the heavies to the range and they get to see things like a DPM or a Czech UK-59. Listen to them chugging along. You wouldn't believe how many people get excited for an old open bolt 22LR rifle from the 1930s. If it breaks I'll just make new parts.

I have a thing for cool boxes. I have these display shelves in my living room since I have vaulted ceilings. One complete side has old wooden ammo crates, Saiga boxes with the printing to look like a wood crate and old boxes for Pratt and Whitney parts. The ammo collection is by far the most ridiculous. Some 200+ unique cartridges not counting shotgun or anything more interesting like 40mm buckshot.

I'm all for collecting cool stuff but I also like to see it being used.

pjm204

And I am a shooter.
Not to be rude but it sounds like your buddy's kid was either A: not very bright B: addicted to substances and needed money C: both
It also sounds like they had a poor relationship. My dad left his guns to me when he passed and they were lovingly moved into my collection where they were properly stored and cherished. That story is a major bummer.

Deerhurst

Not to be rude but it sounds like your buddy's kid was either A: not very bright B: addicted to substances and needed money C: both
It also sounds like they had a poor relationship. My dad left his guns to me when he passed and they were lovingly moved into my collection where they were properly stored and cherished. That story is a major bummer.
Not everyone is a gun person. How it went for Roots buddy's kid is about how my sister would deal with it. On the other hand I'm not letting things out of the collection. The HK goodies, the Valmet, old Detonics, etc. I will never let that stuff just get abused and essentially thrown away. My sister would just take it to a gun shop and take the first offer. She isn't as interested as I am nor does she know what any of it is or what it is worth.

It's just how it goes sometimes. As an enthusiast it's sad to watch. As a regular person, they generally have no idea.

GunsCarsPlanes

My sister would just take it to a gun shop and take the first offer.

It's just how it goes sometimes. As an enthusiast it's sad to watch. As a regular person, they generally have no idea.
I have a "when I drop dead" document for the wife because I want to make sure she gets everything she's owned and deserves; also so she doesn't get ripped off. The wife is a easy going laid back hippy like person who just goes with the flow. I keep track of values, insurance policies, amounts, accounts and stuff like that. I also like keeping track of stuff, it doesn't matter what it is I enjoy filing stuff and documenting things, its weird and pointless hobby.

LawBob

Snowed in and homebound for a few days and clearing out junk. Went through a box and found these. Apparently bought in 1999. I kinda remembered buying these, but apparently I forgot about them. Cant wait to try them out in better weatherView attachment 39257

Don’t open those. They are probably rusted.
Unopened I’ll give you $125 for the lot.

If you open it it probably devalues it 50%. Your call

pjm204

Not everyone is a gun person. How it went for Roots buddy's kid is about how my sister would deal with it. On the other hand I'm not letting things out of the collection. The HK goodies, the Valmet, old Detonics, etc. I will never let that stuff just get abused and essentially thrown away. My sister would just take it to a gun shop and take the first offer. She isn't as interested as I am nor does she know what any of it is or what it is worth.

I'm not a watch person but if I inherited a collection of watches from someone I knew was passionate about them, I would take the time to research their value. This kid could have spent 20 minutes while sitting on the toilet and googled the values to realize what they were worth. Most people would rather get more money than less money. I guess I just don't understand some (maybe most?) people haha.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Do us a solid and when you cut that box open, snap a pic before you remove the mags? I have the original boxes and the mags but it's been 30+ years ago and I can't remember how they were packed. I opened them and tossed the mags into zip lock bags with lots of oil. Never had a FA 9mm... just bought them cuz they were cheap at the time and I thought they were cool. I've always saved boxes though. Have the box for every single gun I've ever bought since the late 70's. Just stacked high in the attic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter