Long shot I know but is anyone making Uzi Grease gun lowers anymore?

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi All, Here's an update for those interested: We did indeed have enough interest in the project, but most people wanted a complete conversion kit i.e. the lower, bolt assembly and barrel. We know that the current supply of bolts and/or barrels is unreliable and becoming increasingly scarce. So we have kept the project on the back burner. We are working on the dilemma, we have a milling machine we are setting up to machine bolts - MAC bolts as well as Uzi bolts. After we have the bugs work out on making bolts, we'll be setting that mill up for machining tungsten and we plan to try making the CF-W bolts in-house after being pushed to the side by the previous fabricator. Secondly, we have another Lathe arriving tomorrow that will allow us to make barrels as long at 16", with this machine we plan to make longer than standard MAC barrels, as well as Uzi barrels. Once we have Uzi bolts and barrels on line, we'll turn our attention back to the GG lowers project so that we can sell them as a kit or individually. Please understand this wont happen overnight, but this the path we are traveling and we all know it's two steps forward and one step back.

Thanks for your continued interest and support.

t

SecondAmend

don't find the pro mag to be consistently reliable and limited to 20rd instead of my GG mags at 30 and 50rd. Thats why I want one
For a 50 round .45 ACP mag for the Uzi, rather than using a monopod mag, I'd prefer to have a ProMag .45 ACP Uzi stick mag fashioned into a feed tower on one of the relatively low cost Taiwanese 50 round Thompson drums. Some time ago, the late Merle "Drum Doctor" Bitikofer (sp?) would make 50 round drum mags for M1 Thompson use using the Taiwanese drums with a sacrificed Thompson stick mag as the feed tower. Of course the 9mm Soumi drums with a sacrificed Uzi 9mm mag feed tower are well known products that were made by C&S and Vector that provide an approximately 70 round capacity.
I'd rather see Practical Solutions or another party pursue that route than the Uzi M3 mag hand grip. Of course, they could do both.
MHO, YMMV, etc.

Galil#1

Yes Both For The Win - Win ! !

... Drum(s)? like your dreams brother, a beautiful thing indeed+ !

Build it and they will come!

SecondAmend

Yes Both For The Win - Win ! !

... Drum(s)? like your dreams brother, a beautiful thing indeed+ !

Build it and they will come!
If a 40 round drum were sufficient for ones desires, ProMag already makes such a drum in .45 ACP for several firearm mag form factors. And since they already make Uzi form factor .45 ACP stick mags, they might be approachable with respect to making a 40 round, .45 ACP Uzi drum.
MHO, YMMV, etc.

Galil#1

^^^^^^^^ ProMag? ... Well if they can make it really work... not trying to be a mag snob/mag SOB... idk

JackFlak

For a 50 round .45 ACP mag for the Uzi, rather than using a monopod mag, I'd prefer to have a ProMag .45 ACP Uzi stick mag fashioned into a feed tower on one of the relatively low cost Taiwanese 50 round Thompson drums. Some time ago, the late Merle "Drum Doctor" Bitikofer (sp?) would make 50 round drum mags for M1 Thompson use using the Taiwanese drums with a sacrificed Thompson stick mag as the feed tower. Of course the 9mm Soumi drums with a sacrificed Uzi 9mm mag feed tower are well known products that were made by C&S and Vector that provide an approximately 70 round capacity.
I'd rather see Practical Solutions or another party pursue that route than the Uzi M3 mag hand grip. Of course, they could do both.
MHO, YMMV, etc.
Have you had any luck with the ProMag .45 sticks? I haven't used any yet but I picked up a couple. I'm on the lookout for a good old IMI .45 magazine at the right price

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter