Long shot I know but is anyone making Uzi Grease gun lowers anymore?

Dirk Hawthorne

the cheapest I can find decent quality (like norma, finocchi, wwb) 45 acp is 36 cents per round

that's an $11 mag dump

I remember back in the day you could buy a 100 round WWB of 9mm for $11 at walmart

then the Chinese started building a city the size of Austin TX every month and soaking up the world's copper supply

Now we have Brandon

Galil#1

Yep we have chicom rotten treasonous joe in the WH no joke, death by a thousand cuts against us all.

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
what is the appeal of shooting 45 thru an UZI?

change of pace?

That was the case for me.

Back in the day enough factory .45 Uzi hardware got imported to make it interesting for a few small manufacturers to make GG lowers for the Uzi...Roger Loock at Revelation Arms being one of them.

I picked up a few sets of .45 bolts/barrels from a private vendor who'd scored a small, but decent supply and then sent an Uzi lower / Mac 10 GG grip off to Roger. Roger's lower conversion work was absolutely top notch and the setup with his lower ran flawlessly. However, it took running approximately 10 mags of .45 ammo for me to come to the conclusion, that for my preference, the Uzi just doesn't get any better than the classic 9mm configuration.

I held onto my .45 Uzi kits for a few more years and sold them on GB for quite the profit...and have never once regretted letting go of them. IMO, like a lot of caliber conversion kits...they work better in our expectations than they do in actual practice. That's not to say the .45 kits were not reliable like a lot of the .22 kits turn out to be...for me, .45 in the Uzi just wasn't nearly as good as the original 9mm.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
.for me, .45 in the Uzi just wasn't nearly as good as the original 9mm.

It has been said by many that the full size UZI is 'overbuilt' and heavy...
I somewhat concur that the full size UZI just 'purrs' in 9mm. In .45, it livens it up.
Now for the Mini with Troy's heavy bolt in 9mm is perfect.
Now for the Micro (which I sold), I thought it was perfect in 22LR...lol.

It is interesting that all 3 UZI variants being all UZI's, all have a different experience firing (at least to me) even if all 3 are in 9mm.
You also combine the different operating mechanisms to each and that also makes for a different experience...IE - the Micro was only sold by IMI as a closed bolt (IMI never made a factory Micro in open bolt). Shooting any UZI in closed vs open bolt is like shooting a different gun as the closed bolt doesn't take advantage of the 'API' principal and has a sharper recoil than the same gun fired in open bolt.

BTW, I also have a closed bolt IMI .45 setup and it is ridiculous to shoot. I need to clock it one day and do a video.

Galil#1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awesome information as always Amp.! Your videos really are the best of the best! Thank you Sir!

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
I found my Vector catalog yesterday. They were selling .45 SMG bolts and barrels for $210......

Galil#1

Post here if you like to really buy a full set, UZI SMG (full size) .45ACP GG conversion kit... hoping perhaps our friends at Practical Solutions can work on this project sooner the better ;-) Thanks to All!

Last edited:

Deerhurst

I'm not an Uzi owner but have some experience with their mags.

Why not just use 45acp UZI mags instead of spend the time and money on a GG magwell? Even the cheap promag ones have been running find in the Reisings I've been testing them in.

Speaking of, I need to get back on that project....

Galil#1

That's an easy one... the original IMI UZI .45 mags are very $$$ and limited to just 16 rds. The thin metal crappy IMHO Promags are limited to 22 rds. Both = a big no thank you not for me. Like a full 30 rds. of quality .45acp no worries SMG ride. O Yes the Reising needs the nice Thompson 50 rd. drum mags done right conversion! Can't afford $$$ belt feds... so improved max capacity enhancement(s) the way to go.

Deerhurst

Seems like a non issue to me. IWI mags are nice and like I said, the promag ones seem to work so far but are not quite as nice. 8 rounds difference is not a deal breaker to me. I don't see any of us beating on a transferrable hard enough to damage mags that are a thinner gauge of metal.

At a price difference of $35 a mag or $400 + $50/mag + whatever it costs to have the conversion done I can buy a lot of ammo using cheap promags.

As for the Reising, next challenge is Glock mags but I don't think those will work without modifying at least the stock so that won't happen.

Galil#1

Awesome my friend your working on cool projects! Will you to have total success, no joke. We just like/want different things, i.e. -8 rds "bothers"/issue for me. Reckon real spoiled with the Suomi 72rd. drum mags with several Lage uppers ;-) love it! Appreciate++ all your posts Sir!

Galil#1

Seems like a non issue to me. IWI mags are nice and like I said, the promag ones seem to work so far but are not quite as nice. 8 rounds difference is not a deal breaker to me. I don't see any of us beating on a transferrable hard enough to damage mags that are a thinner gauge of metal.

At a price difference of $35 a mag or $400 + $50/mag + whatever it costs to have the conversion done I can buy a lot of ammo using cheap promags.

As for the Reising, next challenge is Glock mags but I don't think those will work without modifying at least the stock so that won't happen.
Nice! ... So you don’t want to work on Suomi drum mag conversion for the Reising? Some folks had made it work well... I would buy some for sure... they go for about $500-$650 each! Be a Great $$$ maker for folks with real skills/time/experience! Just saying.

Deerhurst

Nice! ... So you don’t want to work on Suomi drum mag conversion for the Reising? Some folks had made it work well... I would buy some for sure... they go for about $500-$650 each! Be a Great $$$ maker for folks with real skills/time/experience! Just saying.
Not really interested in suomi drum stuff for the Reising. Better uses for suomi drums and I don't really have time for it right now as well. I'd rather keep suomi drums for suomis and Macs especially with them starting to go up in price significantly.

I need more free time and more time with my buddies Reising to continue. I'm getting a Hardinge HLV wired into my shop (and installing a DRO and getting the HLV wiring finished), milling a BHP for an optic plus a bunch more. Couple PM-63s to build, etc. None of this is my day job. I do it for fun.

Galil#1

Super busy, alot going on got it. Success in all endeavors DH! ... Poor Reising has no love trying to be more like famous big brother $$$ Thompson Ha Ha. Indeed fun for many of us. MACs + Lage + Suomi = BFF (Best Friends Forever!) Thank you for replying Sir.

Oops my bad, not trying to jack this UZI GG Post. Sorry friends.

Last edited:

Deerhurst

Super busy, alot going on got it. Success in all endeavors DH! ... Poor Reising has no love trying to be more like famous big brother $$$ Thompson Ha Ha. Indeed fun for many of us. MACs + Lage + Suomi = BFF (Best Friends Forever!) Thank you for replying Sir.

Oops my bad, not trying to jack this UZI GG Post. Sorry friends.
+1 to OOPS on the hijack!

Hopefully Uzi folks will get a good solution. Ill ask my local SOT if he has any 45ACP Uzi ideas that could be easier and cheaper than replacing the magwell. I think I used his IWI 45ACP mag to get the Reising stuff working. Im still looking for a 45 conversion kit for another friend. Would love a 22LR one too for the same friend. I could probably make him a barrel if we find a bolt and mag.

Ill keep an ear open on Uzi 45ACP stuff.

Very busy outside of work. Too many irons in the fire. Everything from guns, machining equipment, car audio/speaker adapters, to helping the girlfriend's dad with the local gun shows and just keeping up with things around the house. Work is actually much less busy.

Galil#1

UZI Does It DH! Couldn't resist! I "have" time but No gun craft/smith skills or tools or fancy industrial/tool shops like many of you good folks have!
Cool, can't wait to see what UZI badassness ya and other folks might create ;-)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter