Lage .22 Update!

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
From the Lage Page:
"Update 2/26/09-Beta Test units are in the process of being manufactured. The first two should be test fired this weekend."

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

sparky923

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :D :D :clap :clap :clap

yzfchet

UZI Talk Instigator, UZI Talk Life Member,
OU77KG said:
Jesus Christ, i can't wait. Seriously. I can't wait.

I'm afraid you will have to wait. You guys know how meticulous Richard Lage is on releasing anything that isn't as perfect as can reasonably be expected. Once the beta units get into the testers' hands there will be quite a bit of firing, documenting issues, resolving same, firing thousands more rounds, noting any other issues, resolving again, repeat and rinse.

I can tell you that the few issues that cropped up with the Dual Feed upper that required the creation of a DIFR bothered him more than a little, and he will probably be somewhat gun shy (no pun intended) on releasing production runs until he's REALLY certain the design is reliable.

When the beta units are all running essentially perfectly, (presuming no new design spin requirement) then and only then he will declare the kit a "go" and start producing a limited number (50? 100?) of first-run production units. After the customers have had those for two or three months and no significant issues are reported, full scale production goes into effect.

That's my guess based on his past track record; no inside info...if I had any it would be confidential and I wouldn't be blabbing about it.

The upside is once customers get these kits they shouldn't have the PITA of the fiddling around required to get them running like other .22LR full-auto kits. Everyone is aware that .22LR is the most inconsistent, finicky ammo out there, right? It's an ironclad guarantee that one box of CCI Stingers or brick of Golden Bullets or whatever may not have the same precise powder charge, or priming or crimping or something that makes one load of ammo run like a top and the next supposedly identical load of the same ammo run like crap. Dud priming is probably the #1 problem.

So...you'll be thinking "Something's wrong with this !#$&% Lage .22LR kit!"

No there isn't. There's something chronically wrong with .22LR production quality control in the ammunition industry.

Know this going in before you buy and have realistic expectations on the total package performance and you should be satisfied customers. And I am confident that Mssr. Lage will assist with any problems above and beyond the call of vendors.

I know the above sounds like total suck-up toadying but there are quite a few UZITALK members that will vouch for the accuracy of what I've written.

TrippHammer

You ought to be Richards Press agent their YZ
And yeah I was pulling at Richard fully aware of the situation. Nothing like a little positive motivation.
He'll probably have a few at UT6 anyway's to take a jab at.

OU77KG

YZ - I can def wait. I have a Max-11DF that runs like a champ and i can't be happier with Lage's product. Just excited at the possibility of being able to afford to shoot my M11 on full auto a whole lot more. Boomer Sooner

yzfchet

TrippHammer said:
You ought to be Richards Press agent their YZ
He doesn't need one but if he did I wouldn't do it 'cause he's a cheap fucker and wouldn't pay dick. :nana
TrippHammer said:
He'll probably have a few at UT6 anyway's to take a jab at.
Undoubtedly true.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Let the race begin! What are we going to see first, the 2009 AWB or BD/Lage M11/22 mags?

If we prepaid for the mags and the 22 upper, Are we grandfathered?

This is getting scary.

Richard, I know you are a perfectionist but you might consider selling the mags before the kit. I've been saving my pennies. I hope you have a semi full of mags backing up to your shop.:)

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
yzfchet, damn man...very well stated.

For those of you that don't know, yzfchet is a local shooter that shoots with me at least once a month at the subgun matches and we regularly bump into each other on Saturdays at the range when I am testing/troubleshooting different products. He probably has more trigger time on the .22 kit than anyone other than myself. He is pretty up to speed on the status of the the .22 kits as well as my product introduction and production philosophy.

Regarding fears of a ban, it will not matter what you have on order. If it is not physically created at the time a ban may happen, you will be out of luck. The ban is on manufacturing.

Regarding the magazines, in all likelyhood there will need to be a minor change to the magazine. If you purchased magazines now, they may need to be exchanged later. Manufacturing two magazines for one sale is not a sound business decision.

A final note on fears of the impending doom of an Assault Weappons Ban (AWB). Nancy Pelosi made a statement after Holders remark about the AWB stating that instead of reinstating the AWB, "Unlike Bush, we will enforce the existing gun laws". The media keeps replaying the Holder remark, but not Pelosi's. On the other hand, how trustworthy is a Liberal Democrat to keep their word?

Guys, I work seven days a week and have three people working full time for me. This is more important to me than just a hobby. I am doing the best I can, but you need to patiently wait for a product that you will be satisfied with.

On that note, I am off to the shop to work on the .22 Beta Kits.

D-boy

RIchard, make sure to get some rest. We need you healthy :D

I hope it runs subsonics. That would be fantastic.

yzfchet

D-boy said:
I hope it runs subsonics. That would be fantastic.
Probably not. :( The muzzle velocity of the ammo needs to be at least 1250 FPS (I think that's the number) to cycle the unit properly. It might even need more. Subsonics are WAY too soft on the recoil to cycle.

MPA guy

Not trying to butt in and try to tell anyone how to do their thing, but even supersonic 22 ammo will be subsonic if you use a shorter barrel (or barrel insert).

3-1/2 or 4 inches of barrel contact area and you should still be subsonic while still keeping with the higher pressure loads needed to cycle the action. :jester

Just passing along a thought guys.

As far as the bolt weight, skelotonizing it may work to get it lighter so it would cycle better too maybe. But I know whatever he releases will be good quality.

Last edited:

OU77KG

I think ya'll took me wrong. I can (and will) wait, just like everyone else that wants a kit. I'm just excited to get a .22 kit that works as good as my
Max-11DF does. Seriously, the Max-11DF is the reason i bought my M11/9 in the first place and i have never regreted that decision. I'm as big a fan of Richard's work as one will ever find. Looking forward to the .22 kit and anything else that Mr. Lage ever dreams up in the future

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Is Spectre still doing his thing with the kittens over inquiries on the Max-11/22?

richard.JPG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter