FAST efile transfer times

Slowmo

I read somewhere that for individuals, they are no longer making those who get a NICS green light wait for those who get delayed. I’m not sure I really believe it, but supposedly first-in, first-out meant you had to wait on the people who filed before you who got delayed. Supposedly they are looking at rolling out the same changes to trusts.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I heard that the extra people they hired for the pistol brace registration are now working on the normal transfers. No matter what the change is I really hope it continues. It’s been a long time coming.

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
I read somewhere that for individuals, they are no longer making those who get a NICS green light wait for those who get delayed. I’m not sure I really believe it, but supposedly first-in, first-out meant you had to wait on the people who filed before you who got delayed. Supposedly they are looking at rolling out the same changes to trusts.
Yep this. They are finally doing it right for individuals that pass NICs, and letting the proceed balls out batched up and the way any rational organization would do things to minimize backlog and how many times you have to touch “paper”.

Finally, one I picked up last week took ~8 weeks and I have 4 more to efile this week. I am stoked. In total I probably have ~40 years of wait time in forms 4s.

Weso

I thought the delay excuse was always the "FBI Fingerprints". Possible that once the prints are in the system Efiled, they just get compared against the previous ones?

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I thought the delay excuse was always the "FBI Fingerprints". Possible that once the prints are in the system Efiled, they just get compared against the previous ones?

One of the issues is NICS being stuck in a pending status with the FBI. You can email their NICS liaison and sometimes they can resolve it in a few days. After that clears the ATF will approve your forms in a few days. This has usually been the case for very lengthy waits. Two inefficient agencies where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I just got an Efile form 4 individual can approved in 13 days.

This is some good news an hopefully paper form 4s will decrease in time too.

sweersa

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but with all of the NFA process BS, and especially after dropping serious money on something like a transferable MG, you would think at the very least they would have reasonable wait times...

litfire145

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but with all of the NFA process BS, and especially after dropping serious money on something like a transferable MG, you would think at the very least they would have reasonable wait times...
You only paid them $200. They don’t care if you paid $200 for a 22lr can or $60k for a transferable M60.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature sadly.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter