CF-W 380 Slowfire bolt update.

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
Hello good people. Didn't want you to think we forgot about you..

The bolt has been going back and forth between Matt and I. I don't own a 380 gun. I tweaked the bolt for Matt's upper, after an inspection we found out the upper was a little undersized. Matt and I also figured out Matt's barrel alignment was off a little. I realize now why the early guns had loose chambers. It helps overcome barrel alignment issues. Got those problems fixed we think. I figured out a way to test Matt's upper with My M11/9 and noticed. it choked every now and then. I thought it was ejection rod length. It didn't do it with my M11/9 upper even after I taped it to be the same size opening. My wife and I went on vacation out of the country and I sent Matt's upper back to him, it was the only one he had. Tom sent me his uppers to check for spec when I got back and why I had them I tested them. I couldn't figure out what was causing the choking. Then we had a hurricane and parts of the town flooded and I am still dealing with that. None of my properties were flooded. I've just been helping others.

A couple days ago I shot this video and finaly caught on camera what was
happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7Vdm4nmUc

The brass was not clearing the slightly rounded corner in the picture below and was being knocked back in. Different ejection rod lengths didn't help.

Round_corner_27 - Edited.jpg

Attachments

• Round_corner_27 - Edited.jpg
    Round_corner_27 - Edited.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 405

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
Thanks for the update!! As always, if I can help with my M11A1, let me know. I've even got an approved Form 20 and can bring it up to you for a visit.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
There's been a lot of time and a number of tweaks on the prototype CF-W 380acp bolt. Before anyone asks... I'd guess sometime around the end of the year before delivery of production bolts begins, and that may be optimistic.

Mike says the ROF reminds him of the 1st generation CF-W M-11/9 bolt. Super easy to pull doubles, and with focus, singles about half the time.

Last edited:

sardo_67

So this is a factory replacement bolt made from a heavier material than stock to slow the ROF down?

bigmacster

UZI Talk Supporter
So this is a factory replacement bolt made from a heavier material than stock to slow the ROF down?

This is the 380 bolt that Coffee is working on for the 380 guns dude. You can buy a 9MM bolt for the M11/Nine already in production from VegasSMG.

sardo_67

I know what this is. I was asking how it slows the ROF, if it's heavy metal I was going to ask if I could buy some raw material for my Max-11 that I'm messing with.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Mike says the ROF reminds him of the 1st generation CF-W M-11/9 bolt. Super easy to pull doubles, and with focus, singles about half the time.

Shot about 500 rounds last night with my Gen1. I agree it's similar to the .380 videos.
Had a novice that had never fired an MG before and told him to start with quick bursts. They were all 2-3 rounds.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
American Eagle ammo in the .380 CF-W bolt video, and seriously, haven't the south paws of the world waited long enough for a left handed M-11? ;)

boomer535

This will be another game changing MAC Accessory just like the CF-W M11-9 bolt is. I know how hard it is to design and produce these. Much Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter