Belt Fed .22LR M16 Upper to be unveiled on Friday!!

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Is it just me, or can anyone else hear the faint sound of some folks asking for their $1000 back from somebody?

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
I think I'd be just as happy with a belt fed .22 than .223 plus it's tons cheaper to shoot

Put a can on this thing with subsonic ammo and this thing will rule.

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
Z06 said:
Is it just me, or can anyone else hear the faint sound of some folks asking for their $1000 back from somebody?

Not me. I want both in my collection.

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
Neo said:
Eric is the MAN!:D This will be a must for everyone who has a full-auto AR-15/M-16. Maybe Ceiner will drop his mag prices, not!

Here we go again with AR prices.

Neo

this is a must for any 22lr enthusiast ... i love 22lr .. and to have this ..and be able to shoot bricks and bricks of the stuff ... all day long and not go broke !! ... this .... ladies and gentleman is a REVOLUTIONARY piece of beautiful work ... THIS will be something that will be remembered for a long time .. a belt fed .. 22lr . on a ar15 lower ... WHAT a beautiful platform ... GOOD JOB LAKE SIDE MACHINE ... PHEW !

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
cookie said:
Does it use any of the mag well space, or would one of those DPMS single-shot lowers work?

Supposedly (if I read this right) you can put a hollowed out mag in the mag well and it catches all the brass

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
carcass said:
Is this going to be acceptable for AR15s as well, for thos of us who don't have a '16 yet?

All I can say is:
T.G.I.G.A.M16.B.T.S.B.A.

Last edited:

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
OH Great. Now another thing I have to find some way of sneaking into the garage without my wife seeing it!!! Oh, the humanity. When will it ever end!!!

I just wonder about the belts and links. Looked like it might use either or. Wonder if there are any linking machines out there.

Being someone who has no idea about beltfeds, I wonder what other "goodies" I'll need for this new necessity.

Anyone know anything about the belt or links?

I wonder how many pints of plasma I'll have to sell for this one!!

Dave:D

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Typically links can be loaded by hand but it's too slow and too hard on your fingers so people use a simple press type device. You line up about 20 links and 20 rounds started in them and press them all into place at one time. Presses like that are simple to make. The .22 links might be easily enough to do by hand.

Cloth belts can be loaded by hand or impossible to do by hand, depending on how tight a particular belt is. Belt loaders are complicated and costly. Hopefully .22 belts would be easy to do by hand.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
ratski said:
OH Great. Now another thing I have to find some way of sneaking into the garage without my wife seeing it!!! Oh, the humanity. When will it ever end!!!

I just wonder about the belts and links. Looked like it might use either or. Wonder if there are any linking machines out there.

Dave:D

Follow the link to the links...

http://www.lakesideguns.com/title1/belts.html

I seen Eric down at KCR, he was just popping the rounds in nice and easy....The gun will run the belts and the disintigrating links.

100 yard belt $625....YEA BABY..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I wonder how many rounds you can get in that!!!!! :D

You can set the trigger and get a drink and come back....

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
timspawn said:
There is a linker listed on the site. $2000. OUCH!
Quoting Eric;

"The belt loading machines were made for the miniature collector not for the “blaster” all day shooters out there. The belts load very easily by hand and the links do too"

Deadline222

COOL.....

hmmm? Please forgive me for being an IDIOT, but where does this round go{circled in red}? Does it go down? How does the bolt get around the links?

Looking at these pictures makes my head hurt! :(

Please draw me a picture!

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
The round is pulled rearward to remove it from the link. As it comes forward, it drops down to a lower level, in alignment with the chamber.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
RoverDave said:
The round is pulled rearward to remove it from the link. As it comes forward, it drops down to a lower level, in alignment with the chamber.

I am guessing he is using a miniture system of the browning 1919. Just by looking at the top cover, that is what it looks like.

Kind of a "lot of things going on at once system" as the round is fired, the bolt goes back, at the same time the round is pulled out of the link, then the empty drops out the bottom and the fresh round slides down the slot, (at the rear by the rim), Then the bolt goes forward firing the round in the chamber.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter