Anyone here have an MP-40???

Chicken Men

Posted a few days ago on the MP-40. No replies. Does anyone here shoot an MP-40? I have some specific questions about take down and barrel removal. Can anyone hepl?

Thanks
CM

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I have an MP-40, but I've never removed the barrel from the trunion.

Chicken Men

Thanks for the replies. Does the barrel on your gun turn off by hand or is a wrench needed? If you can take off with a wrench, are the nuts super tight? I saw one at a local show and the barrel was very easy to remove (by hand, no wrench). Just wondering if these retaining nuts had to be torqued. Have an MP-40 in-bound that I will need to reverse the sling mount in and this will require removing the barrel.

Thanks for your time.
CM

ETLES LLC

UZI Talk Life Member
CM,
The nut needs to be more than hand tight but, not what I'd call super tight. Just really snug with an adjustable wrench, 50 - 75 ft/lbs should do. Not aware of a spec for torque on these so this is a guess.
I moved the sling around on ours to the left side and it was no problem. I tighened to the above and it has not worked loose yet and it has fired many rounds.
Hth.

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
I've always wanted to fire a MP-40. Handling one was interesting, but no range was near. :(

Mike

prebans

MuzzleFlash said:
Shot one at the last MG shoot. Really liked it. The mags are different.

How are the mags different? Or are you refering to them being different when compared to Uzi mags..?

Thanks,

Mike

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Never mind, I'm an idiot :)

I misread the thread to be about the MP5/40 - a gun with gay-looking light blue polymer mags, but fun to shoot nonetheless.

The removable barrel reference should have been my first clue. As a C&R you'd think I'd know better ;)

Funker

UZI Talk Supporter
I was told that if its a semi and the stock is welded closed. It would fall under the pistol classification. You wouldn't have to have a Ponocio looooooking semi version

Fatboy
Does he have any kind of web site?

prebans

Funker said:
I was told that if its a semi and the stock is welded closed. It would fall under the pistol classification. You wouldn't have to have a Ponocio looooooking semi version

Fatboy
Does he have any kind of web site?

It would if the stock was welded in the closed position. However, there's that whole redesigning the receiver so it couldn't be easily converted... ATF approval would probably be nuts.

Mike

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter