4 Coffin mags, loader and leather carrying case for $560, good deal?

renovate7

A dealer has the above available. I'm not sure I would ever use a coffin mag because of the ease of use the stick mags, but these are available now. Buy a set, just to have?

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Thats the going rate....140 per mag ...ish....Now.
At one time I think a set in the pouch was 415....

There are no more from the regular sources .....even those loaders have dried up and some folks are asking crazy money for them

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
FYI- I sold mine for $150 per mag, $20 per loader (too cheap it seems), and $25 for the leather pouches last September. They sold quickly so $560 for all of that is a decent price in 2023.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Saw that Email.

Someone thought it was a good deal it sold fast.

It came with 4 loaders I guess one for each mag.
Some people are asking 100 per loader now.
If you can get 100 per loader who ever bought it can sell 2 loaders and have their setup for 360 with a spare loader.

Just a touch cheaper then the setup was a year ago with one loader.

I bought my set from board member Folk like others when they were much cheaper.
I had a spare loader already that i picked up at a LGS in a random 5 dollar parts box.

Still need to pickup a set of replacement springs.

What's the world come to when a "surplus" mag pouch with mags and loaders cost as much as a Glock.
Don't even get me started on the price of scrap metal they pass off as " parts kits" now days.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
If you ever start thinking drums or coffins are expensive research Thompson drums!

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
To me the concept of 50, 71, or 100 round magazines are cool, but not so practical for semi. Once I made the decision that I was going to buy a machinegun, as part of that, I bought a Beta-C. The first time I used it, somewhere around 85-90 rounds, I remember thinking "I hope this runs out soon, my trigger finger is starting to hurt". Half of the Beta-C mags I own, I bought from semi auto owners that used it once or twice and wanted to roll the funds into something that they would actually use. I am not trying to "rain on your parade", just giving my experience. If that will make you happy, do it.

Scott

MDG

UZI Talk Life Member
A dealer has the above available. I'm not sure I would ever use a coffin mag because of the ease of use the stick mags, but these are available now. Buy a set, just to have?
Still available? Can you provide the URL?

Last edited:

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
To me the concept of 50, 71, or 100 round magazines are cool, but not so practical for semi. Once I made the decision that I was going to buy a machinegun, as part of that, I bought a Beta-C. The first time I used it, somewhere around 85-90 rounds, I remember thinking "I hope this runs out soon, my trigger finger is starting to hurt". Half of the Beta-C mags I own, I bought from semi auto owners that used it once or twice and wanted to roll the funds into something that they would actually use. I am not trying to "rain on your parade", just giving my experience. If that will make you happy, do it.

Scott
Oh I realize they aren't practical, but they look cool, and the case that mine came in has a cutout for the 50rd drum. Honestly, I'm not sure if I could even hold the weight of the gun and a loaded 50rd drum due to my left arm, even with the Aluminum receiver. It would just be a novelty. Besides, I don't really want to ruin the barrel anyway. I've seen people do that with multiple mag dumps in FA guns, and even a guy do that with 3 Beta C mags in a semi AR

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I remember when coffins were $50 and drums were $20. Todays prices are more reflective of true value. I blame Lage Mfg for the inflation. :)

m14fun

I remember when coffins were $50 and drums were $20. Todays prices are more reflective of true value. I blame Lage Mfg for the inflation. :)
I still have a drum that was included with a free Suomi parts kit from Centerfire after I bought a few AK kits almost 20 years ago. AK kits had original barrels, too. :cry:

OP, I just received a 4 pack of coffin mags, pouch, and loader I found in the Classified ads on this forum, you should check there to see if there are any more.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Richard Lage is the reason MACs are well over $5000 and now spilling over $10,000. If he comes out with a belt fed upper he'll push them to $20,000.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter