Search results

1. philasteen

Is there such a thing as a S&W imported Uzi?

Did Smith & Wesson ever import any Uzis? If so does anyone know what era and whether they would be transferable? TIA
  2. philasteen

Found an original Action Arms shoulder rig today

Thanks, I am going to list it on ebay unless someone wants to make a pre-emptive offer. Should be live tonight.
  3. philasteen

Found an original Action Arms shoulder rig today

In very good condition, almost new except some surface nicks. DeSantis/Action Arms marking "Uzi Shoulder Holster" and logos on the leather. Gun holder on one side, double mags on the other. And it's a lefty. Is this worth anything/collectible?
  4. philasteen

IMI Israeli UZI 9mm Pistol - Action Arms Import

There is a debate over whether an imported pistol needs to comply with 922(r) when converted to SBR. If so you will need the correct number of US compliance parts.
  5. philasteen

IMI Israeli UZI 9mm Pistol - Action Arms Import

It's a terrible SBR due to potential 922(r) issues.
  6. philasteen

Uzi in Vietnam at scene of very famous photo

Most of you have seen the very famous "shot heard round the world" photo by Eddie Adams. While looking at the full series, I see an Uzi was present there. Doubly interesting, as I had not heard of the Uzi being used in the Vietnam theater, and even the more interesting given this is one of the...
  7. philasteen

GALIL SAR FOR SALE

I bid some punctuation, a missing parenthesis, proper word tenses and a fundamental grasp of the English language.
  8. philasteen

Micro Uzi FA: Worth having?

So I have the unholy trinity of Uzis: full auto standard, mini and micro. I am thinking of getting rid of the micro. I shoot the full a lot, the mini somewhat, but the micro shoots quite a bit too fast to be used as a practical weapon. It is kind of neat and interesting, and a toy, and the...
  9. philasteen

386 for sale on GB

It seems it didn't make the reserve, whatever that was, but the highest bid was $2100. Clearly a soft market.
  10. philasteen

Galil UA mag adapter

I've unsuccessfully searched for a (reasonably priced) version with the lockout pin for the last 5 years. I have one of the UA ones as pictured in the auction and it works fine.
  11. philasteen

Is this a post Ban AA 372 PLEASE HELP ASAP **PICS**

Sounds like an original pre-89 import The Action Arms milling was done to erase the name of Magnum Research, when AA took over importing You can find more info at the old galil mirror site I used to host: http://users.rcn.com/philistine/galil/Galil_Rifles.html
  12. philasteen

Galil bayonet

So, I have 4 Galils, all with bayonet lugs, and no bayonets So I'm looking for a bayonet What is my best option overall? What is the best place to get one?
  13. philasteen

Full Auto Galil finally home.

there's a small number of either transferable (conversions) or pre-86 dealer sample FA guns out there. They are kind of hard-to-find and typically sell for $4-5K more than the going price for a garden variety AK or Valmet. I've had a few, including a Fleming conversion on a Model 372 and a...
  14. philasteen

Micro Uzi picture request

Just curious, why would you SBR the pistol? Do you intend to use it with a registered bolt, or just like the SBR version better?
  15. philasteen

386S Price Check

"S" Galils were imported by Springfield in 1991 and possibly even after. It's worth noting the records of importation date on these S Galils still exist and can be readily checked to confirm date of import.
  16. philasteen

Does anyone know what year AA replaced MR as importer?

I'm trying to track down when Action Arms replaced Magnum Research as the importer of pre-ban Galils. I'm trying to track down when a transitional model 372 might have been imported. Thanks for any help.
  17. philasteen

Galil mirror is up

It's still up at a new address http://users.rcn.com/philistine/galil No guarantee as to how long it's up, that's an archive copy that my former web service provider has failed to take down.
  18. philasteen

Uzi tracers?

Anyone ever seen these before/know what they are?
  19. philasteen

Most desirable semi Galil?

Should have added: I'm looking for a .223 variant to keep my mags and accessories consistent with my existing Galils.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter