Search results

1. Shattered

Marietta coming up again.

May 15th
  2. Shattered

New problem…

While shootin’ the lil’ darling yesterday, the magazine fell out. Never happened before. I t WAS tight but one of the shooters must have bent something back too far. It just isn’t tight to the mag well anymore. Now I know bending it is most likely the solution, but I also know that spring steel...
  3. Shattered

Ran the Reising at Eden

Due to VT’s stupid magazine 10 round limit, I left my mags home and unsuccessfully tried to borrow a mag. Tried to make a mag rental agreement with a major VT dealer but was too late or he didn’t check his email. Anyhoo, there was a security guy heretofore known as Security Guy Who Never Gets...
  4. Shattered

Marietta!

The shoot is this Saturday. Gonna schlep in a fiddy cal can of 45 and drag the Thompson and 1911 along as well. I mean besides the H und K’s and Browning 30. Let’s see if it’ll go the distance.
  5. Shattered

Got it back.

I sent my M-50 up to Black River Militaria because the danged thing would STOP running. It wouldn’t empty a mag. The cool thing, which completely baffled me was that when it did stop, all you had to do was pull the trigger again. Didn’t need to recock it, nothing was jammed. It just stopped...
  6. Shattered

Max-31A first gen...

I loaded some 9mm 124s with a bit of a heavy load and noticed a ring around the base of the case. Are the 31As a bit short chambered? A loaded round dropped into the chamber has the cartridge sticking out of the chamber, I dunno, a quarter inch or a bit less? The expended rounds don't look to...
  7. Shattered

SAR Magazine

Congrats, Richard. I see your Max 31A made the cover of Small Arms Review. It just arrived today.
  8. Shattered

Wet Creek?

Should be EPIC. Already under flood warnings and 80 to 100% rain predicted for prior Monday THROUGH Friday. If you have 4x4, bring mud recovery gear... You stand to make some good $$$$$$. I'm not going to make it for the first time in decades.
  9. Shattered

Question for the hive...

Does anyone remember the Mag Tech bullet sale a year (or so) ago? Reason being... I'm getting wild groups with those copper plated 9mm bullets. I started weighing the bullets and after 12 rounds I have yet to get one repeat. I've got a max weight of 126.2 with a min weight of 114.6 grains and 10...
  10. Shattered

Phone # for M-60 Joe?

Title sez it all...
  11. Shattered

Cheapskate loaders blues...

I'm going to push the envelope a bit. While sorting out four 5 gallon buckets of range sweepings, I was taken by the LARGE amount of aluminum casings were being fired. At first, I just arced them into another bucket for recycling at the local scrap yard. Then I noticed that ONLY 357 Mag was...
  12. Shattered

Coffins at the Creek

Folks Myrvang had a buch of coffin mags on the table. Anyone here pick them up? He was getting $120 a copy. I thought about making a quick buck but left them for some other guy to nab. Then again, I only paid $125 for the whole set of 4 coffins, loading tool and pouch.
  13. Shattered

Old gun shops

Does anyone from CT remember the name of the guy that ran the old Silver City Sporting Arms at 614 west Main St in Meriden, CT?
  14. Shattered

Max-31A spotted on Sportsman Channel

Well, OK.. I might have had something to do with it. Cam & Co on the Sportsman Channel stuck the pic I uploaded to the "Weekend at the Range" segment on yesterday's show. Mrs Shattered was aiming my Max-31A downrange on April Fool's day at Metacon Gun Club while I snapped a few pics. She had no...
  15. Shattered

Time to get your hands dirty!!!

Please call right now.....takes 10 seconds!! Call 860-240-0530 Call and tell them that you oppose any new gun control laws or assault weapons bans in CT! The hearing is in process and they are keeping track of the phones calls!!
  16. Shattered

AMP-11 woes... Part deux

Here's the modified barrel... And here's the result... and... No more bulged brass like this... Ran off 200 rounds of HOT reloaded 115 grain Montana Gold FMJ reloads in 5 or 6 times reloaded brass... no issues. If it isn't bulging in old, well worn brass... hot loaded to boot (over...
  17. Shattered

AMP-11 woes continue...

Started sighting the gun in with the new optics and had another 5 complete blow outs with the last one melding itself to the chamber walls and only the bottom of the shell coming out of the gun. ALL the shells exhibit an expanded "belt" around the bottom of the shell... there's just too much of...
  18. Shattered

Diet plan

19. Shattered

Ha... Mini-magnums...

A unique way of stuffing more powder in a case... Wonder if anyone else is getting brass looking like this? They don't all look like this, but the appearance of some is a concern as I reload.
  20. Shattered

Folding stocks...

I know a bunch of you have gone to custom stocks, so... I'm looking for some unwanted or damaged M-11/9 stocks for some experimentation. Let me know what you have.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter