Question for the hive...

Shattered

Does anyone remember the Mag Tech bullet sale a year (or so) ago? Reason being... I'm getting wild groups with those copper plated 9mm bullets. I started weighing the bullets and after 12 rounds I have yet to get one repeat. I've got a max weight of 126.2 with a min weight of 114.6 grains and 10 more all in between those results. Not one bullet is the same. I used a standard balance beam scale and then moved the test to an electronic scale.

Were they supposed to be 124s or 115s?

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
They were supposed to be 124s, and I found the average to be more like 120gr.

They were NOT up to the standard of Ranier, Berry's, or Xtreme in weight consistency nor exterior finish. I still have a couple thousand of the unloaded projos here.

Shattered

Hmmm. That about what I've found as well. Most were within the 118 to 121/2 range. What powder were you using to experiment with them? I'm looking for something to blast out of subguns with but more concerned with pressures than accuracy... Meaning, I'd rather they work for noise making purposes instead of trying to take the nads off a squirrel at fiddy feet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter