Recent content by skullsoldier

1. S

And the MAC suppressor insanity continues....

I bought a M11 and was gifted a AWC two-stage can in perfect condition. I know it isn't a Powder Springs or Sionics, but it's vintage and sounds absolutely ridiculously quiet. It is wipe-less. Definitely worth the $200 tax stamp.
  2. S

Should I give up on my Lage .22 upper?

I ordered one in advance of getting my M11. Kind of an impulse purchase. Took it to the range and it ran 100% with CCI Mini Mags. I’ve probably got 3000 rounds through it and no obvious wear. My believe is that most failures are due to mag over-insertion or poor mag loading. If the bolt moves...
  3. S

Coastal MIMS suppressor on 380 = Hollywood Quiet

I have a M11a1 small mag well with an AWC two-stage silencer and a tungsten bolt. It legitimately sounds like a sci-fi laser gun. I would put it on par with a suppressed full auto .22 subsonic.
  4. S

Lage 22 mk2 conversion kit question

I can’t say what the value is, but I can say that a full auto .22 is a grail among machine gun owners because it’s fun and cheap to shoot. There are very few .22 full auto guns, and certainly the 10/22 Norell conversions and M16 transferable are significantly more expensive in todays market. A...
  5. S

M11a1 size?

I do, as well as a M10/45. The M11a1 is my favorite! Idi like shooting .22 out of my M11 though.
  6. S

M11a1 size?

I have one with the Baby Ghost upper and a CFW bolt and it’s by far my favorite Mac. It can be fired one handed like a pistol and is extremely controllable. I sometimes attach an old AWC 2-stage 9mm Mac silencer, which is hilariously out of proportion but makes the .380 sound like a laser gun...
  7. S

Help me reason this out

A few years ago I bought a M11/9 and a M10/45 for a reasonably good price. My dealer offered be a M11a1 small magwell with a few mags for $4750. Feeling Froggy, I bought it. Sam built me Baby Ghost upper and got me a tungsten bolt (Gen 2). That little bugger is far and away my favorite even if...
  8. S

Max-10/15s getting called / we know what number we are on?

I’m experiencing a little up/down movement where the upper fits into the lower (towards the rear). Is this normal? Is there a need to shim it or take some other action?
  9. S

Max 10/15 Fitment Question

I received my Max 10/15 a few weeks ago and am only now putting it on my lower. Once seated and pinned, I am noticing somewhere between 1-2mm of downward play. This is after adjusting the rear set screws. It's just enough movement to bother me, but wanted to consult the forum to see of there's...
  10. S

So has anyone tried a quick change barrel system? I am so tempted to put one one so I can go from 5.56 to .300 Blk. What about installing an Adams Arms piston? I think I have a kit floating around somewhere.
  11. S

Richard - you really need to adapt a .22 conversion for this since there are existing AR-pattern mags available. Seems a lightweight blowback fixed firing pin bolt would do the trick if the feed ramp architecture is there.
  12. S

Received mine today (one day early). Packed well, nice instructions. Upper went together nicely and the IRM didn't seem at all complicated. I reviewed the instructions because I really couldn't believe how easy everything was. Richard included a nice replacement pin with a spring detent. Slop...
  13. S

Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

I understand Brie .300 BLK, but how are you going to run .22?
  14. S

Congrats Lage MFG!

So weird “first world problem” question here - I have all three Mac variants…which would be the best 5.57/.223 host? I’m leaning toward the M10, but the M11a1 is so tempting. Also…wondering what this will do to the M10 and M11a1 markets.
  15. S

After Action. Report on my M11A1 with a CFW bolt and a Question

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give that a look. I really think it’s a mag issue - the springs seem off (a little weak) and I’m seeing the rounds dip/dive down a bit. I have some vintage ones as well as the FTF ones, so a comparison is in order.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter