Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

M10

I was worried about my stock being to flimsy and ill proportioned to the gun but it worked out fine.

Looks a little puny but I’m not going to be butt stroking anyone with it and when it’s folded gives the slimmest possible profile.

Another plus is that it accentuates the slightly muzzle heavy feel and that helps controlling muzzle rise.

I won’t be changing mine.

As far as it’s “looks”, try as a might, I can’t see when I’m shooting it and I’m not interested in what others may think.

I think it looks friggin awesome. And I'm with you; if the need ever arose to butt-stroke someone with it, you already failed at least 32 times.

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter
Never received a shipment notice, but mine arrived today! Unfortunately, came down with food poisoning from Olive Garden at lunch...so spent a few hours yaking into the porcelain throne and after that was happy just to stop puking. :(

Will have to test it tomorrow. :)

Did you have to sign for the delivery?

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
Nope, just magically showed up on my porch while I was out acquiring my new rapid weight loss program.

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter
Nope, just magically showed up on my porch while I was out acquiring my new rapid weight loss program.

Thanks for the no-sig warning. I want to be sure to be home when mine shows up. The idea of a porch pirate grabbing it is most upsetting. After it arrives, I will have a new ammo weight loss program!

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
After it arrives, I will have a new ammo weight loss program!

It's very good at that. I just pulled my 650's handle today 1600 times so my Max-11A1/15 can eat some Blackout this weekend. :silly

ATCDoktor

It's very good at that. I just pulled my 650's handle today 1600 times so my Max-11A1/15 can eat some Blackout this weekend. :silly

2.5 hours on the Dillon for 2.5 minutes worth of fun:twoguns

My 650 is down for parts so I had to load the frangibles I used in my videos on my single stage:bang

Luckily I have many, many primed pull down 5.56 cases purchased from pats reloading back during Obama’s first term so that process went fairly quick for single stage work.

I’m gearing up to load tracers next as a have a shitload of “long range” 5.56 bullets I bought back in the day.

That’ll be bit of a chore with the 650 being down but I’ll suffer through a hundred or so on the single stage for a evening shoot here soon.

Lage says these barrels are 1/7” twist and sincerely hope they are as the M856 Long Range Tracer is a loooong assed bullet.

For those who reload and aren’t familiar with the M856
here’s a pic of a few as a reference:

From left to right:
62 grain M856 Long Range Tracer
50 grain Frangible
77 grain Nosler Custom Competition
65 grain Sierra Gameking
42 grain Frangible
55 grain M193 ball

I fired some of the long range tracers from my AC556 and they flipped ass over tip from the muzzle to a 10 yard paper target.

Last edited:

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
First mag function test....perfect. I heard my democrat neighbors crying in the hills. :p Surprisingly minimal recoil...expected more for such a small frame, but not complaining. Will have to put my suppressor on it next and see how it goes. Now waiting on my M10 upper...delivery scheduled for for Wed. This one I'll be waiting for. :)

M10

Glad I went with the 11a1. Fit is spot-on.

I did have an issue, however. Colt GI 30rd mags would not seat upon arrival. Oddly, when slamming bolt home, mags locked in place.

I decided the ambi release is useless for lefties (mag well not reached by index finger, regardless). Removed Troy ambi release and swapped Milspec Colt in its place. "Click!" Perfection.

Other than the small snafu with ambi release, the upper is quite impressive and MUCH lighter than expected. You could mill THREE Lage uppers from one S.A.B.R.E. upper. Quite the diet!

SneakySh0rty

just got the, 'still interested email?'. Emphatically replied yes! ETA ready in the next week. #96

Paid a day after i replied yes. Package just arrived and sig required. But, typically if i dont hear\see the courier approach, theyll just leave the 'sig required' package at the front door.

LawBob

Glad I went with the 11a1. Fit is spot-on.

I did have an issue, however. Colt GI 30rd mags would
not seat upon arrival. Oddly, when slamming bolt home, mags locked in place.

I decided the ambi release is useless for lefties (mag well not reached by index finger, regardless). Removed Troy ambi release and swapped Milspec Colt in its place. "Click!" Perfection.

Other than the small snafu with ambi release, the upper is quite impressive and MUCH lighter than expected. You could mill THREE Lage uppers from one S.A.B.R.E. upper. Quite the diet!

I’m going to switch out the Troy ambi to cmmg (which is an norgon (sp?)).

Why?

The Troy rocks on the aluminum mag well. The cmmg rocks on itself.

https://www.strongsidetactical.com/troy-ambi-magazine-release/#PhotoSwipe1656713866061

Vs

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102271014

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Is the Troy ambi mag release the reason aluminum mags don't lock in on a closed bolt?

Last edited:

rparsons3

UZI Talk Life Member
I had problem with ambi mag release also, some brands would not lock in. Took the ambi release off and replaced it with one from my parts drawer, every mag I put in locked up good then. Did a little measuring and the ambi one is a few thousands to long, little dremeling, put it back in and works on all mags now. I'm lefty also so no big deal to have ambi, but it is a bit to long, at least mine was.

LawBob

I had problem with ambi mag release also, some brands would not lock in. Took the ambi release off and replaced it with one from my parts drawer, every mag I put in locked up good then. Did a little measuring and the ambi one is a few thousands to long, little dremeling, put it back in and works on all mags now. I'm lefty also so no big deal to have ambi, but it is a bit to long, at least mine was.

This could also be how many revolutions you use.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
So I spent my morning messing with the mag release to figure out why my aluminum mags won't lock in on a closed bolt. I started trying 3 different manufacturer's mag latches. No dice.

Then I tried the messing with the number of rotations on different manufacturer's mag latches. No dice.

Then I removed removed material from the top of the ledge of the Troy ambi catch. I removed material until I removed about .006".

The aluminum mags that would NOT lock in were:

C Products
NHMTG
BFI Windham ME

All mags WILL lock in on a closed bolt now so I will test fire test them along with my Lancer and Magpul mags tomorrow to see if it created problems with reliability of the existing functional mags.

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
So I spent my morning messing with the mag release to figure out why my aluminum mags won't lock in on a closed bolt. I started trying 3 different manufacturer's mag latches. No dice.

Then I tried the messing with the number of rotations on different manufacturer's mag latches. No dice.

Then I removed removed material from the top of the ledge of the Troy ambi catch. I removed material until I removed about .006".

The aluminum mags that would NOT lock in were:

C Products
NHMTG
BFI Windham ME

All mags WILL lock in on a closed bolt now so I will test fire test them along with my Lancer and Magpul mags tomorrow to see if it created problems with reliability of the existing functional mags.

I shot 360 rounds today from 3 different polymer mags (Magpul, gen 2/3 and Lancer) and 3 different aluminum magsn (those mentioned above).

This is what I discovered today.

The Lage Extra Power Spring is needed for a 8" 300 BLK barrel and standard gas block for reliability. ROF increases but the extra power spring should be used.

It's NOT a good idea to mod the Troy ambidextrous mag latch to allow aluminum mags to lock into the closed bolt Max-11A1/15 that has been converted to 300 Blackout.

The Lancer and Magpul mags still functioned 100% but the aluminum mags would occasionally push the .30 bullet back in the case, about 1 in 10 times.

I'm sure this was obvious to some but I thought is was an interesting experiment.

Don't mod the mag latch to for that reason. :)

P.S.
The MAX-11A1/15 in converted to 300 Blackout does not like Barnes Tac TX 110 grain Bullets. The polymer tip jams up about 1 in 5 times.

Last edited:

M10

Hmmmm. I wonder if the mag wells are slightly out of spec then? Yikers. I have not tried to fire my 5.56 upper with Colt mag release yet. I hope my Colt mags don't jam my bullets, etc.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter