WTK: Best mags for AK-47

treedawg

I have a AK-47 in 7.62x39 in transfer and now I'm looking for opionions on the most reliable/best mags to stock up on while the transfer is going through. I see the Bulgarian 30 round mags for $9.99 and the Soviet Bloc 30 round mags for $6.99 in CDNN's latest catalog. How do these mags rate?

TD

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I have several East German mags I got from CenterfireSystems. They work perfectly in my semi AK, even when "bumping" so I'm sure you will have no problem with them in full auto.

UZI SBR AWC

East German again, in the MAK-90.... real AK mags. Used to get for $5 and $6 each a few years back, still appears alot of them floating around, just cost more now.

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Bulgarian steel 30rd mags...

treedawg...

are the best mags that I have found on the market & they are quite reasonably priced for new, high-capacity feeding devices.

cookie

Founder
I buy the Bulgarian 30s from CDNN, or Bulgy waffles when I can find 'em cheap - but I'll pick up a cheap no-name any time I run across one. It's hard to go wrong with AK mags.

treedawg

Thanks for the info. There were a bunch of the E-German mags on Sturmweiger a while back for $10.00 ea,. but I guess I didn't jump quick enough. What about the 40 rounders and drums???????

TD

tommygun2000

RE: AK mags

I have used several different makes of military mags and they all work flawlessly.

I honestly never saw any AK mag malfunction, in any gun, full auto or semi auto.

I have E, German, Bulgarian, Chinese, and they all work equally well. Buy what is most available, and the best price at the time and you should have no problems.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
treedawg said:
Thanks for the info. There were a bunch of the E-German mags on Sturmweiger a while back for $10.00 ea,. but I guess I didn't jump quick enough. What about the 40 rounders and drums???????

TD
The ones at Centerfiresystems are only $8 each. I have a Romanian 75 round drum that works greak and is easy to load. You can get those for $80 to $90.

JWH 223

UZI Talk Supporter
My favorite....Bulgarian Waffle mags. I have NEVER had a problem in my RA Vepr K

pmf

AK mags are pretty much all the same IMO. They all function flawlessly. As far as drums go, the Chinese ones are much nicer than the eastern european ones floating around these days. The drums being sold for $75 everywhere must be loaded from the top (sore thumb time). The spring cannot be detensioned once its loaded. The Chinese ones open from the side and you simply drop the ammo in, shut it, push a button the detenion the spring and then wind it up when your ready to use it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter