WTK: Aprox. cost to convert AK from 223-7.62x39

treedawg

Does anybody have an idea of aprox. cost to do this conversion on a Norinco/Poly or a Valmet? Who would do this type of conversion? I seem to be able to locate more AK-47 RR in 223 than the 7.62x39 and just want to increase my options if this is even a viable option.

TD

Dan0341

UZI Talk Life Member
TD,
no idea what this would cost, but you could ask Troy at Inrange. He's a Class 2 and does great work (I've been to his shop and saw the stuff he was working on). If you check out the AK47 boards, people think highly of his work. Send him an e-mail or call him for a quote.

http://inrangec2.com/

Dan

treedawg

Dan, I looked at Troy's web-site, but haven't called him. I will agree with you that he's probably the man to do the job if I get the Valmet that I'm currently looking at. I'm going to have a FA, AK in 7.62x39 if it's the last thing I ever do.

TD

Last edited:

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
I have been thinking about doing a quick change barrel for an AK. You could press out your barrel and turn it down so it just fits the trunion and use a pin with a spring clip or something. It would be nice to go back and forth with the callibers. Just change the barrel and bolt and you are good to go. As for your original question it shouldn't be too much. I would think it only be about $150 plus parts. It is not that hard. Mind you I don't do this for a living, so I could be off on the price. I have barreled a receiver, so I do have a good idea of what is involved. Good luck.

treedawg

I finally found a Valmet 76 in 7.62x39 so I won't be doing a conversion. Thanks for the input on this question.

TD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter