WiseLite Sterling Mk7 Copy

kmw1970

UZI Talk Supporter
I was #3 on the list for the "special edition" WLA Mk7 pistol copy. Picked up it today (happy birthday) and went out back for some plinking.

High ratings for build quality -- nice use of refinished parts, every seems to fit together. The pistol grip/trigger well appears to be welded on rather than brazed, but I didn't expect them to copy Sterling's fabrication methods.

The cocking handle is a little wobbly, and is a shortened SMG handle. The bolt is modified from an SMG part as well. The receiver tube is equipped with Mk6 style blocking bar and trigger pack pad. The trigger pack is the Mk6 "one hole" style.

I fired about 100 rounds through it, including some "top drawer" ammo (you know, the loose rounds found in your top drawer), factory 115gr, Paki 124gr, and three SBR tracer rounds. There were some failures to feed with both JHP (only fired five rounds) and the FMJ.

The pistol was surprisingly accurate, but perhaps that's because it's such an odd beast you have to focus on holding it. In addition to the failures to feed, I had some scary trigger behavior -- a couple of times the pistol didn't immediately fire, but either did as releasing trigger pressure or fired after a second attempt. I will thoroughly clean the gun, check things over, and then fire a few more rounds to fully document this behavior.

It is an odd piece, but goes well with my Vz61 SBR. I've always liked "pocket" SMGs/machine pistols, and this is an inexpensive way of adding to that collection. Hopefully the trigger issue isn't an issue, but if it continues it goes back to WLA.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1961.JPG
    100_1961.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 100_1956.JPG
    100_1956.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:

UZI Talk Life Member
Looks good! I like the more original looking (I can't tell the difference in the picture) cocking handle better than the one that is on the colefire model. I understand it helps with the cocking effort but just looks wrong to me. Short Girl get any trigger time on it?

Rover

That's a cool piece.

I saw a semi carbine the other day, not sure who made it, but it was definately calling my name. I like the looks of this one a lot.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Mine is sitting at my dealers, he's away on vacation until the 19th, can't wait to get my dirty paws on it. I was #5, should be at least a collector's item.

kmw1970

UZI Talk Supporter
RoverDave said:
Nice trucks!

Thanks! I took the pic on the dash of the 109 just for you! A few of my favorite British things...though I understand they're moving away from the DPM camo pattern.

0331 said:
Looks good! I like the more original looking (I can't tell the difference in the picture) cocking handle better than the one that is on the colefire model. I understand it helps with the cocking effort but just looks wrong to me. Short Girl get any trigger time on it?

Yeah, I had no interest in the "colefire" -- too stubby. Cocking this one is easy. She came home in time to watch me from the back porch...I had to finish up so she could take me out for my birthday. I think though that she's more a fan of the full size Sterling.

HK AG

#6 reporting in. Thanks for the review. Hoping to have my'ne in hand soon. Was a little slow to get my FFL's paperwork in order.

Hoping that trigger issue is a fluke. Always wanted a Mk7 to go with my Mk6.

HK Ag

Latebra_Factum

If some one was to do a SBR on that, what kind of stock would a person put on it, as the standard stock would collapse out past the barrel...

HK AG

Latebra_Factum said:
If some one was to do a SBR on that, what kind of stock would a person put on it, as the standard stock would collapse out past the barrel...
likely the removable solid stock. would require the end cap and modifying the bottom latch accordinly.

Would be a real short SBR though.

HK Ag

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
Your pistol not firing on every trigger pull means that it probably needs a few thousandths taken off the sear or firing pin sear catch. I had the same issue with my full size Wiselite, they issued me an RMA under warranty, had it back in 10 days and the problem was fixed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter