Walther Uzi Pistol SBR APPROVED!!!

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
Finally got my email that my Form 1 was approved!!! Efiled 8/29 approved 10/7 WOW!! So here she is. I didn't go the traditional route of a true Micro Uzi stock, instead I used the Masterpiece Arms Stock/Folder. I liked it for it's really nice cheek weld and Foam wrap around. There were some challenges trying to get it all to work because you cannot really weld this gun because it's made of Zamak/Alloy. So I ordered a few Back plates from Walther\Umarex and drilled through one of the back plates, countersunk the bolts and bolted them down in the folding knuckle. Alll in all it is solid and had an awesome cheek weld. Will try and post more pics later. But here she is for now. Exciting times only 40days from Submission to approved!!!!! Yee Haw!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 837

boofus

These are made in Germany right? Do you need to do anything special with regards to the 922r import/assembly ban on semi-auto rifles?

I'm in the process of turning a SG553 pistol into a SBR too, and seeing conflicting information on whether an imported handgun like a Glock, SG553, or Uzi pistol needs to comply with the parts count nonsense once you turn it into a SBR.

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
No 922 issues its a Walther imported firearm by Umarex USA parts

These are made in Germany right? Do you need to do anything special with regards to the 922r import/assembly ban on semi-auto rifles?

I'm in the process of turning a SG553 pistol into a SBR too, and seeing conflicting information on whether an imported handgun like a Glock, SG553, or Uzi pistol needs to comply with the parts count nonsense once you turn it into a SBR.

mmi

i heard that 922 did not apply to class 3 stuff like sbrs

az_gun_nut

UZI Talk Supporter
I believe once you go NFA on a firearm the 922 compliance is not an issue as you've registered it as an NFA item. It's kind of like which came first, the AR15 short barreled rifle or the fullauto AR15 with a drop in auto sear? Once you drop in the auto sear you can put on whatever length barrel you want.

Nice SBR, I'm looking to do one to the Walther UZI rifle. Need to find out if the barrel nut unscrews, the one on the receiver, not the one on the end of the barrel. Anyone know?

Pre-Ban_SMG_Model_B

Then again if you wanted to get technical... The stock and all stock componets are USA including the barrel shroud?

Yeah, I wrote them about a Mini-UZI sometime back....see reply below....

------------------------------------------
I am unaware of any more Uzi versions that are going to be released.

Dallas Polk
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.

479-242-8500
479-646-4206 fax
dallas.polk@waltherarms.com
7700 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916
www.WaltherArms.com
-----------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:36 PM
To: 'Dallas Polk'
Subject: RE: Contact Us Form Submission from WaltherArms.com

Yes, I am aware you produce the UZI Pistol, but that is not the one I’m interested in.

They also make a Mini UZI which is the middle model of the UZI line of firearms.

There is the full size UZI, The mini UZI and than the micro UZI.

You currently have the full size UZI and the Micro UZI for the .22lr.

I would be interested in a .22lr Mini UZI, if produced.

Thanks
Kevin A. Graumann
-----------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 4:01 PM
To: mail@transampacecar.com
Subject: RE: Contact Us Form Submission from WaltherArms.com

We do produce the Uzi Pistol.

Dallas Polk
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.

479-242-8500
479-646-4206 fax
dallas.polk@waltherarms.com
7700 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916
www.WaltherArms.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter