UZI Talk administrator retiring

cookie

Founder
I will retire from my position as administrator of this board at the end of the day on September 30, 2006. RoverDave will take my place as the administrator (and owner) of the UZI Talk Forums. The current moderators will remain in their positions as long as they and/or RoverDave desire. Little else will change.

My son and I started this site nearly four years ago and have watched it grow into a community of over 4,000. We never imagined such success and are extremely grateful for the help and friendship we have received along the way. I can tell you that my decision to step down was neither quick nor easy - but it was the right one for our board.

I have met many of you in person, so more than a few members are aware that I run a (growing) small business. In addition, I am employed part-time as a LE trainer. These responsibilities, along with the duties of a family man, are consuming more and more of my time. My activity on the board has been suffering as a result, as has my ability to respond to UZI Talk's normal maintenance issues. It is time for me to face the facts and to take steps to ensure this board is not neglected. I owe it to those who have made donations - financial or otherwise - to ensure the longevity of our community. I can think of no better answer than to turn over the operation to RoverDave.

UZI Talk was less than 24 hours old when RoverDave registered as a member. He joined our staff a few days later, and created what we know as the UZI Library from scratch. Nowhere else on the Internet (or in print for that matter) can you find more detail about our favorite firearm than in RoverDave's library. RoverDave has taken the lead on every one of our gatherings, and has been someone I could always count on. His dedication and attention to detail are evident, and I have complete faith in his ability and intentions.

Thank you all for proving my theory that a board founded on the principle of free speech would be a success. If you are hoping that I will now disappear, then I am sorry to disappoint. :) As of October 1, I will become a registered member like everyone else. I will read and post as time allows, and I will rest easy knowing that UZI Talk is in good hands. I hope you will do the same.

weshowe

cookie,

Best wishes on your endeavors!
As a VERY new member I have been impressed with the site and it's membership. I should have joined years ago.
You can be justifiably proud of the site you created and I'm sure that roverdave will carry on.

All the best,

Wes

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I've had the opportunity to work closely with cookie for nearly four years and I can tell you that it has been an absolute pleasure. He has worked tirelessly to make this board a great place that would attract great members and he accomplished that beyond our expectations. From the guidelines that he's implemented on how this board should be monderated, to his effort to keep us free from the restrictions imposed by paying advertisers, to the way he's marketed UZI Talk across the gun community, cookie has been totally focused on making this board a friendly and informative place that good people want to hang out on, and that's exactly what has happened. We are extremely proud of the great moderators and members that call this place home.

It's a testament to cookie's vision and direction when I say that there is nothing broken here that needs to be fixed as part of this transition. I totally support the ideals that cookie had in place when he started this board and they will continue to be the foundation for the decisions that are made in the future. UZI Talk will grow and expand as it has in the past, but it will remain true to its roots.

I want to personally thank cookie for the work he's done in the past and wish him the best in all of his personal endeavors. He will always be an honored member here and I hope he continues to share his unique sense of humor for a long, long time.

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Cookie you and your son started one hell of a website!! The information you guys put out influenced me and my best shooting buddy to each purchase IMI B Model carbines and join the ranks of proud UZI owners and UZI talk members.

Thanks

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
...a smooth transition in leadership?

A desire to work on the important things in life while ensuring that another good thing continues?

:shocked

I've never seen this before. Cookie, RoverDave, all mods... You guys are ALL true class acts. A round for any of you who come to SAR is on me.

Wowed,

Mike

Last edited:

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
cookie, I've really enjoyed working with you on the T-shirt projects. I hope you will be at the SAR Show this Dec.1, 2 & 3. I have seen RoverDave @ SAR & S.H.O.T. and look forward to keeping the UT name in the forfront of the gun community. All the best. -Z

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
I can't begin to say how much I appreciate the work and hard effort that cookie and RD have put into making this board a success. We only see a fraction of the effort it takes to keep things running and that's a credit to the efforts of these two. I am proud to know them both and call them my friends.

As RD said, this home away from home for many of us has succeeded because of the fundamental guidelines cookie put in place when he started Uzitalk. We don't overmoderate. We don't limit free speech so long as it's kept civil. Cookie has also set an ethical standard for the staff that I wholeheartedly support. I know Dave will continue these legacies.

Finally, many of you have also donated time, money and skills to this board. You may have organized the shoots, run a group buy, signed up a buddy or two, volunteered to moderate, donated works to the library, or simply offered your expertise or research. Believe me, you are appreciated.

Cookie, I hope your business endeavors continue to take off and you realize the fruits of your labors. I'm glad you'll still be here from time to time to stir the pot and persecute RD with that gay Viking fan pic. ;)

rlowe

Cookie:

It is your fault that I dug my RR FA FS Uzi out of the safe and have spent a bunch fixing it up. I've been watching UZI talk for about 3 years now and this is the most civilized firearms site on the internet. My UZI is almost complete and I'll post it when I'm finished. You guys are great. Rover Dave has done a great job with the library and it has helped me a bunch with my gun so I guess the site is in good hands.

Thanks,
Richard
AF&AM
Deputy Sheriff Retired
CWO US Army Retired

investorsc

UZI Talk Life Member
Good Luck Cookie

Well, I have to say I have lived on this site for the last 6 months since I had an offer to trade away my M1A with Paratrooper Stock to a dealer for a FA UZI with three calibers and cans.....

I could not have been happier to learn what you are all so WILLING to teach, and the treatment of a "new" guy has been without equal.

I feel I can converse with the "rest of them" on the Uzi topic and the forum has allowed me to "air out" my wallet for all kinds of fun items from C3Junkie and amphibian, as well as the classifieds.

Cookie, I wasn't here at the start, but you have done a wonderful job! Roverdave will do fine in carrying on the mission, and we are all here to help one another. I hope to meet some of you guys over the next year.

God Bless and Godspeed in all your future endeavors!

Bruce Smith:biker :biker :2cents

NFANut

UZI Talk Life Member
Cookie,
I'm very glad to hear your business is growing enough that it was part reason for your giving up the reigns here. I hope it continues to grow. I'm also glad to know you'll still be hanging around UZI Talk.
I agree that you'll be leaving this site in good hands with RoverDave.

Wishing you all the best,
Jeff

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
Thanks for a great site and good luck to you.

Jimmy2Times

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Supporter, , --PBR Mafia--
cookie, thanks to both you, and your son for such a great website. The hardwork and dedication you have put in to this website is evident in the members, content, and dialouge that exist here. I believe Uzitalk is the best gun related website on the web and HEAD and SHOULDERS above the rest. Only Bower's board even comes close. I have enjoyed (and will continue to) being a member here. I'm sad to see you step down, but glad to know that you'll still be around so I can give you shit once and a while. Good luck to both you and your son.

And congrats RD, you are certainly qualified and deserving to succeed cookie as HMFIC of Uzitalk.

-Patrick
Jimmy2Times

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Cookie, thanks to you and your son for starting the best gun site on the net.
I'm sure it will continue to grow.
The best of luck to you and your family.
As for RoverDave, I'm glad he's around as I don't think I've ever met someone so dedicated to digging up all the historical details of the UZI family.
I think in many ways he knows more about the history of Uziel Gal and the UZI family than the people at IMI (IWI now).
I don't see anyone more qualified to take over.
Congrats to you both!!

firefighter

UZI Talk Life Member
cookie,
Best wishes in your what you pursue.
Work, and especially family, are very important commitments and sometimes they take up a vast amount of time.
I am a member of other boards, but do not post at many others besides here because of the welcoming environment you created and maintain.
Thank you for what you and your son created.
Thanks to RoverDave for taking over and I'm confident that the same atmosphere will continue.
Thanks to all who moderate and participate here. I have learned so much and feel welcome.
Happy trails cookie.

Hawksnest

Cookie: Love you and this site. Hate your avaitar! Thanks for a great board.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Cookie, I understand you and Junior were the original driving force behind the board, and for that, I'm forever indebted to you. I've wasted countless hours of my life here that I'll never get back, developed numerous friendships, and enjoyed meeting and shooting with you and many other great board members over the years.

The first two Uzi Talk events allowed me to give something back to this board and I enjoyed the opportunity show case our fair city for a great bunch of guys and girls. Those were great times none of us will forget. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of that.

Life gets complicated, often times extremely so, and we can easily become caught up in something that seems larger than us. Some of us work to live, others live to work. I'm trying to wind down and enjoy life before I have a heart attack and drop. I trust that you'll always put your family first... you'll never regret the few bucks you could have made, VS, watching the kids grow up. Time moves ever faster my friend. Best wishes for continued success!

The Rover has put together a reference library that is unparalleled in the Internet firearms world. Along with everyone else, I applaud his dedication and tireless efforts in putting this together. Best of luck Dave!

Uhhh, does this mean that me and Jimmy2times are being considered for a new moderator position? :lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter