Uzi barrel good for semi AND SMG spec guns?

tomk

Looking at a barrel and mfg states that it will work with both SMG spec and semi auto full size guns. My full size gun is original factory IMI issue. Is the compromise for "one barrel fits all" a loose fit in the SMG spec? I'm not real interested to buy something that could lead to functional issues or at worst an OOB kaboom. Any feedback from actual experience with such a barrel in a SMG is appreciated.

Trying to get a threaded barrel for different suppressor mounts. Thx!

K2

Hi. Trunnion ID is different on the two configurations. Move on. If they can't get the barrel OD right they likely will not have the chamber correct.

YMMV,

Enjoy,

K2

Garrett

I'm absolutely not suggesting it but I saw a machined bushing for sale on GB that slips onto a semi barrel and supposed to make it stable in an SMG receiver.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/945385645
Sort of interesting.

I think I still have an 18” barrel somewhere. Might be interesting to see what it does in a SMG.

Not sure I’m interested enough to actually get one and try it though.

RWBlue01

tomk, I am missing something...

People weld up Semi-Auto UZIs with parts kits with the full auto trunnion. The barrel is tightened down. The ramp and the nut hold everything in place.

I could see you needing a ring if you have a full auto gun and a semi-auto barrel. You would need to get a semi-auto ramp and attach it to the barrel and Dremel it down to fit your gun.

I could see that you have a full auto barrel and now need to cut it to fit the feed ramp ring.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter